Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Airborne Platform Software Engineer
at Gogo LLC
As a Gogo Business Aviation Airborne Platform Software Engineer you will be responsible for designing, developing, and testing production quality software for Gogo BA airborne products on a Linux platform. You will develop new features, enhance existing software components, and test feature functionality on both existing products and our Next Generation 5G Air to Ground solution. You will be part of an experienced development team that integrates closely with other teams across the company.
COME ON BOARD THE GOGO BUSINESS AVIATION ENGINEERING TEAM!
How you will make a difference?
- Design and develop software features for new products or extend design of existing products, including selection and integration of third-party technologies, particularly open source
- Apply analysis and investigation of data, logs, and events for product enhancements and troubleshooting
- Expand current aviation system features of AIRINC 429/717 protocol.
- Develop and maintain software with expertise in one or more of the following languages on Linux: Python and Linux scripting languages, Go, C, C++, Python and scripting languages preferred
- Create high and low-level design documentation
- Conduct design reviews and participate in code inspections
- Assist in development of automated unit tests
- Provide estimates for design and feature development
- Track project stories/tasks, provide status, and ensure stories/tasks are completed on schedule
- Continually improve design, development, and test processes
- May participate in establishing and maintaining software build environment and source code repository for assigned projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineer, or equivalent experience
- 5-7+ years of software development experience, preferably in an aviation, data communications, or telecommunications environment
- Strong architecture and design background, especially in the area of Linux coding
Required Skills, Experience and Talents
- Expert application development skills in Linux environments utilizing Python and/or Linux scripting languages, C/C++, and possibly Go
- Expert skills in analyzing data and offering solutions based on data
- Experience with developing web services and other APIs
- Strong technical leadership skills and the ability to champion new ideas and concepts within a senior development team.
- Strong analysis/analytics background
- Ability to work effectively and provide leadership and direction in a senior software engineering team
- Pride in estimating and driving projects to completion
- Experience with the Jenkins automation build and test environment
- Relevant software configuration management and tools skills using Git
- Experience supporting products in the field
Preferred Skills, Experience and Talents
- Strongly Desired experience with Avionics and ARINC protocols
- Experience as a Software Engineer developing software and utilizing open source packages in data communications and/or telecommunications systems
- Strong skills and experience in Linux networking including routing, iptables, traffic shaping, QoS, DHCP, and DNS
- Experience with 802.11ac wireless networking
- Knowledge of Linux container concepts, especially Docker related
- Experience with Linux kernel drivers
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.