General Dynamics Information Technology
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
State Analyst (Denver, CO)
at General Dynamics Information Technology
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Function
- Program Management
- Security Clearance Level
- Full/Part Time
- Full Time
In a support capacity to a government agency's Regional Representative (RR) and to a Regional Supervisor (RS), the candidate in this position is responsible for reviewing and assessing grantee programs and financial management data relative to program objectives to ensure that funds are expended for appropriate activities and meet federal requirements. The regional State Analyst will assist the RR in providing consultation and community engagement in his or her respective geographical region.
Essential tasks include:
- Assist in the modification of monitoring protocols as needed;
- Develop work plans to implement individual monitoring assignments and support grants management and state program review teams;
- Assist and support site visits with states, voluntary agencies, mutual assistance associations, and other entities funded by the agency;
- Analyze state plan and submissions, grantees' program performance and financial reports and data relative to program objectives and summarize observations;
- Review grantee independent auditor reports and recommend follow-up review as needed;
- Schedule and conduct selected on-site monitoring visits; analyze program performance and identify gaps in programs, model programs and/or programs that require corrective actions in the administration of domestic refugee resettlement programs.
- Prepare written reports of findings; i.e., strengths, best practices, weaknesses and recommendations for improvements;
- Obtain clearance for site reports from the respective Regional Representative before release;
- Provide technical assistance to grantees as a follow-up to monitoring reports;
- Assist in the development and coordination of regional initiatives of cross-cutting and highly-interrelated issues on behalf of the agency, Regional Administrators, Coordinators and other key officials to assure integrated, collaborative efforts in achieving objectives
- Assist in the collaboration internally with regional program offices and externally with regional arms of other Federal agencies to enhance services and support for beneficiaries
- Provide support on a range of analytical tasks to support decision making;
- Analyze user needs and perform research and functional analysis on a variety of projects;
- Work under direction of Regional Representative and Regional Supervisor.
This position is based in Denver, CO. Some travel in the region may be required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
- 5-8 years of related experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with refugee grant programs
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.