Arthur J. Gallagher
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Insurance Branch Manager
at Arthur J. Gallagher
At RPS, our focus is on smart and strategic growth, as well as the needs of our retail partners. Today, our more than 1,700 associates stand ready to be a strategic business partner in marketing new and renewal business through our wholesale brokerage operations, MGAs, program managers and standard lines aggregator. We have the local knowledge, regional presence and national reach to provide the best options to our clients.
Specialties of RPS:
Wholesale Broker and Managing General Agent, Casualty, Property, Analytics, Healthcare, Workers Compensation, Transportation, Executive Lines, Technology & Cyber, Public Entity, Personal Lines.
- Ensures the financial, service and administrative goals of the agency are met and advises regional management of any variances.
- Oversees and participates in preparation of branch budgeting and planning as well as monitors related results.
- Makes decisions regarding branch operations on a day-to-day basis to ensure branch objectives are met.
- Interviews and selects new employees.
- Analyzes branch financials and reports each department's financial goals.
- Maintains and coordinates the branch's disaster recovery plan.
- Ensures that departments complete their operational projects in a timely fashion.
- Coordinates completion of special projects as requested by corporate.
- Assists sales personnel in developing goals and monitors achievement of those goals throughout the year, including ensuring that sales personnel are working in a direction that will provide the best results for the branch.
- Oversees the marketing process.
- Develops and maintains relationships with appropriate corporate employees.
- Maintains files for company contracts and agreements.
- Monitor any material claims that could lead to potential problems and informs the regional manager and/or corporate legal as appropriate of any issues that arise.
- Monitors any possible errors and omissions claims and advises corporate and regional management of any material issues that arise.
- Bachelor's degree
- 7 or more years related experience
- Understands accepted insurance practices and principles
- Has general knowledge of computer operating and network systems as well as technological knowledge to facilitate decisions regarding branch
- Ability to effectively lead and direct accounting staff.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exercises independent judgment.
- Self-directed with problem solving skills and analytical skills in resolving complex problems
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
- Unrestricted work authorization to work in the U.S. For U.S. employment opportunities, Risk Placement Services, Inc. hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H, or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. RPS will require proof of work authorization.
- Willing to execute RPS' Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure.
RPS offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Risk Placement Services, Inc. is a division of Arthur J. Gallagher and believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, RPS will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.