Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sheet Metal/Composite Shop Mechanic
at Frontier Airlines
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 80 destinations in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 300 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2016 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
Perform Composite aircraft maintenance activities according to established policies and procedures as directed by a lead mechanic or supervisor.
- Preform composites, wet lay-ups, metal-to-metal hot bond, core replacement, prepreg repairs, weight and balance calculations
- Perform all assigned work in accordance with Frontier Airlines work cards and applicable aircraft, component, or engine maintenance manuals, SRM, or Frontier-generated engineering documents
- Follow written procedures for support shops
- Always follow (never deviate from) approved published procedures unless proper deviation is authorized
- Complete all associated documentation and prepare for records filing
- Make FMIS entries as required
- Keep current on all revisions to company manuals
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations
- Maintain cleanliness of maintenance areas at all times. Ensure that all maintenance areas meet good "housekeeping" standards. Ensure a "clean as you go" job ethic is adhered to
- Ensure that all tools (both personal and company owned) are removed from the aircraft, aircraft engines, appliances, and components. Always maintain positive tool control accountability. Immediately report lost and/or found tools to management
- Maintain familiarization with the training requirements necessary as defined in the GMM 100: Maintenance Training Program and ensure training is current prior to performing the functions and tasks of this position
- Keep management informed concerning issues that may affect work performance
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: (Formal education or training required; amount and type of prior experience required)
- 2 years of experience performing maintenance in one or more of the following areas: maintenance checks, engine changes, gear changes, structural repairs, flight control rigging, component maintenance, etc. on A320 series or similar-type aircraft or successful completion of accredited A&P Mechanic training course
- FAA Certificated Airframe License
- 2 years of aircraft or component experience in structural sheet metal, overhaul and repair
- 1 year of work experience in composites, wet lay-ups, metal-to-metal hot bond, core replacement, repairs, weight and balance calculations, painting
- When directed by management, must obtain taxi and run-up qualification on all aircraft types within six months
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to complete composites, wet lay-ups, metal-to-metal hot bond, core replacement, prepreg repairs, weight and balance calculations
- Must demonstrate behavior that portrays company core values (Frontier Fundamentals) during all interactions while at work
- Ability to work from engineering drawings and written specifications
- Must be able to complete Differences training
- Good attention to detail
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Good interpersonal communication skills
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.