Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager II
at Frontier Airlines
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 80 destinations in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 300 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2016 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
The IT Project Manager II position is responsible for the development and maintenance of medium to large sized project budgets, scheduling and resource plans to meet on time project delivery.
- Develop integrated project plans for projects
- Track and report project status to the various stakeholders
- Manage medium sized project schedule and budget and balance risks to both
- Identify resource requirements and acquire the appropriate resources in a timely manner
- Conduct and document high level risk management and effectively implement risk contingency strategies
- Monitor and report on all phases of the project to multiple stakeholders
- Exceed expectations to key stake holders and deliver on requested deliverables
- Coordinate external vendor and organizational interfaces that exist to ensure a totally integrated execution
- Manage all aspects of project scope
- Adhere to best practice project management processes within IT
- 5 years of experience with IT Projects from inception to completion
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, IT Project Management or Business Technology preferred; combination of education and equivalent work experience considered in lieu of degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred or similar work experience
- ITIL, Six Sigma, Business Process improvement experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven knowledge of the airline industry
- Must be a self-starter with excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Proven ability to take initiative and own all aspects of the project
- Strong leadership & mentoring skills
- Solid work ethic
- Ability to build rapport with all stakeholders quickly
- Ability to work in a fast paced, “think on your feet” team environment
- Ability to handle and mitigate stressful environments
- Proven technical & project management skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word & Visio
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.