Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Frontier Airlines
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 60 destinations in the United States, Dominican Republic, Mexico and Jamaica on more than 270 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2015 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
As one of America's premier low-fare, low-cost airlines, Frontier delivers "Low Fares Done Right" - friendly, dependable, and affordable air travel at an unbeatable price - to thousands of passengers every day. Our disruptive strategy has lowered airfares across America - and created unprecedented growth opportunities for Frontier and our people. With 100 new airplanes on order and hundreds of markets available for growth, we're only getting started - and we are looking for the best people to join the Frontier team as we redefine the future of air travel.
Our culture is friendly, entrepreneurial, merit-based, and focused on getting things done. We like to win. If you're similarly minded, you may be a great fit for our team.
Critical to the success of Frontier's winning strategy is a rigorous, innovative focus on financial discipline - delivered every day by the Financial Planning & Analysis team. Frontier's Finance organization supports a broad range of strategic and operational decision-making, including:
- Short- and long-term financial planning
- Ongoing cost reduction opportunity sizing & execution
- Competitive & strategic benchmarking
- Labor analysis
- Capital allocation & fleet planning
- Flight profitability
- Ad-hoc strategic projects & analysis
As an integral part of Frontier's success, Financial Interns receive high visibility by management. A range of formal training and informal learning opportunities support ongoing professional development and career growth.
Frontier relies on each member of the Finance team to achieve expert status in business and industry trends, to distill a broad range of functions into meaningful, accurate financial models, and to clearly communicate the actionable business implications of complex quantitative analyses to senior management and functional stakeholders.
- Champion Frontier's low cost done right philosophy within the organization & enhance financial awareness across the company
- Deliver timely, accurate analysis to Finance leadership and business stakeholders
- Investigate the root causes of cost and revenue variances and propose profit-maximizing resolutions
- Identify and size potential revenue and cost opportunities across the organization
- Conduct scenario analysis to identify optimal strategies in the face of uncertainty
- Act as an internal consultant, improving processes and efficiency across the organization
- Benchmark financial and operational performance against competitors and best practices
- Conduct ad-hoc projects, reports, and financial analyses as determined by senior management
- Available to work full-time hours during the Fall of 2018
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to structure logical analytical approaches and to apply a range of quantitative techniques to solve business problems in an efficient, timely manner
- Ability to work self-sufficiently to creatively solve analytical challenges with limited data and imminent deadlines
- Superior analytical skills and familiarity with data gathering/mining techniques
- Business acumen and strategic mindset
- Strong work ethic, results-oriented
- Must be enrolled in an accredited university.
- Preference given to candidates that have completed at least two (2) years of undergraduate-level coursework or to those enrolled in a graduate program.
- Relevant coursework includes: finance, accounting, business administration, economics, mathematics, and other quantitative disciplines.
- Demonstrated understanding of economic, financial and accounting concepts
- Familiarity with Excel, macros and other software used for data mining and analysis
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.