Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Ground Handling Contracts Mgr
at Frontier Airlines
About Frontier Airlines
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2017 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
The Ground Handling Contracts Manager is responsible for assisting the Director with management of all Frontier contractual arrangements with airport business partners (ground handling, wheelchair services, deicing services, etc.); this includes holding the secondary corporate relationship with airport vendor personnel.
Assist the Director, Ground Handling Contracts in all areas/functions related to ground handling, wheelchair, and deicing contract management, including but not limited to:
- RFP issuance, negotiation, evaluation, and award
- Evaluation and negotiations of Living Wage Ordinances and Minimum Wage changes
- A point of escalation for business partner disputes
- SLA program management
- Contract database management and reporting
- Analysis, production and coordination of business partner reviews and regular scorecards
- Drafting of contracts and amendments utilizing Frontier’s templates
- Creation and maintenance of an electronic contract repository
- Review of existing contracts for discrepancies of work scope vs. current performance expectations
- Conducting various station performance competitions
- Identifying areas of opportunity for cost savings and reductions of risk with Business Partners
- Work closely with the Director, Ground Handling Contracts to obtain value driven contracts/relationships and achieve short and long-term goals and objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Aviation Management or similar discipline; combination of education and relevant experience considered in lieu of degree
- Minimum 3 years of airline experience, preferably with business partners or other airlines
- Experience with RFPs and the administration of contracts
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of aviation industry including budgeting, scheduling, and vendor management preferred
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Ability to work with business partners to ensure cost-effective and timely customer service satisfaction
- Working knowledge of ground handling procedures and staff planning
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- High level of initiative and strong presentation skills
- Understanding of vendor management
- Skilled in interpersonal communication, facilitation, leadership, dealing with multiple vendors, contract management, and problem-solving
- Ability to identify contract inefficiencies thus leading to cost savings and reductions with business partners
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.