Front Range Community College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
WC CIS Lab Assistant, Work Study
at Front Range Community College
Preliminary screening will be made on the basis of completed application package submitted by candidate. Completed application package includes:
- An eForm application
- A copy of current class schedule
- Please note that students may copy their class schedule from eWolf and paste into a Word document. Then save it to your desktop in order to upload to the OpenHire eForm application (Step 6).
All application materials become the property of Front Range Community College and cannot be copied. FRCC will conduct a criminal background check on selected candidate. Employment offers and continued employment are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
FRCC is committed to diversity and inclusion and is intentional about creating a learning and working environment that recognizes the value of individual and group differences. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and encourage inquiries from applicants who will contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our college. FRCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, religion, or national origin in employment or in our educational programs and activities.
NOTE TO STUDENTS: Please use your student email address when applying for Work Study/Student Hourly positions.
GENERAL SUMMARY - WC CIS Lab Assistant, Work Study
This position will support students utilizing the CIS computer lab. Applicant must be approved for Finacial Aid Work Study BEFORE applying.
Job duties may include but not necessarily be limited to:
- Assist and support the operations, functions and duties of the Business, Information System & Integrated Technology (BISIT) Department
- Support the operation and maintenance of the BISIT computer lab through service and guidance for students
- Expand their own computer knowledge and gain valuable on-the-job training in the use, configuration and management of software and hardware
- Generally work in an instructional/department area
- Provide administrative support
- Serve as computer lab customer service representative
- Inventory management and control
- Occasionally may have to lift a heavy box
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a FRCC student enrolled in at least 6 credits for the current semester
- Must be able to respect and maintain strict information/record confidence and document security
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with a variety of people, to include but not be limited to students, families, faculty and staff
- Courteous, professional demeanor
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Motivated self-starter and team player
- Ability to perform verbal and written instructions
- Ability to perform general research
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications such as Windows Office to include Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Must have completed one of the following courses with a B or higher grade:
- CIS 115, CIS 118
- CIS 119, CIS 160
- Any 100 level CNG course
- Previous office support experience
Front Range Community College, as required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), has compiled a comprehensive Campus Security Report. This report includes information about crime statistics from the previous three years, campus security policies as well as prevention programs. Information pertaining to the Boulder County, Larimer and Westminster campuses as well as the Brighton Center are also made available in this report. Published annually, this report can be found on the Front Range Community College web site under campus locations or by following this link. http://www.frontrange.edu/About-Us/Campus-Locations/Campus-Security-Report.aspx . A paper copy is also available upon request by contacting the Public Safety Office at the Boulder County Campus, the Larimer Campus or the Westminster Campus.