Front Range Community College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Temporary Classified, Hourly (Part-time) - Dining Services #700000 WC
at Front Range Community College
GENERAL SUMMARY- Temporary Classified, Hourly (Part-time) - Dining Services #700000 WC
This position is designed to help our Dining 3 and Dining 5 be able to have a trained person cover both the front of the house as well as the back of the house as needed. This position requires cross training and flexibility with the day to day duties.
Preliminary screening will be made on the basis of completed application package submitted by candidate. All application materials become the property of Front Range Community College and cannot be copied. FRCC will conduct a criminal background check on selected candidate. Employment offers and continued employment are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
FRCC is committed to diversity and inclusion and is intentional about creating a learning and working environment that recognizes the value of individual and group differences. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and encourage inquiries from applicants who will contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our college. FRCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, religion, or national origin in employment or in our educational programs and activities.
- Provides excellent customer service
- Practices all cash handling and credit card handling principles to standard
- Must be able to prepare daily deposits, log book, count down and balance register tills
- Required to complete SAP 10 cash handling training (provided by Dining Services)
- Required to read Cashier Training Manual and use daily check lists as needed
- Supervise student employees for daily cashier functions
- Responsible for maintaining organization and cleanliness of the front of house.
- Cleaning, stocking, labeling, practicing FIFO, designing menu boards, preparing beverages, filling Pepsi coolers and rotating product.
- Keep stock room clean and orderly.
- Ensure fountain drink machine has all soda lines working properly and machine is filled with ice regularly.
- Helping with dishes as needed.
- Providing prompt courteous customer service;
- Supervise student employees for food production
- Taking customer orders and serving food
- Preparing and assembling food hot and cold, according to menus and standardized recipes including producing meals on the grill and fryers, and assisting with baking and roasting.
- Food prep for deli and salad bar daily specials, soups, etc.
- Responsible for quality, quantity and appearance of prepared/served foods
- Assist with catering set up as needed
- Efficient production for daily and next day meals
- Storage and inventory of food and non-perishable items
- Checking in and signing off on weekly orders from purveyors.
- Washing soiled dishware and organization of pots, pans, and dishes when cleared.
- Janitorial/cleaning tasks
- Stock rotation; (re)stocking supplies, FIFO
- Must able to learn and follow all Health Department rules and regulations.
- Follow proper heating and cooling techniques with foods beverages and liquids
- Maintain proper holding temperatures of all food items.
- Minimum two years in a commercial food service establishment
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment use and safety as well as Health Dept standards helpful
- Excellent customer service skills
- Reliable Team player
- Able to hand a fast paced environment
- Ability to multitask
- Problem solve
- Good communication and organization skills
- Exhibits professionalism and high work ethic