Front Range Community College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Off Campus Assistant, America Reads Tutor, MSU Denver Early Family Literacy Program, Work Study (1202034)
at Front Range Community College
Preliminary screening will be made on the basis of completed application package submitted by candidate. Completed application package includes:
- An eForm application
- A copy of current class schedule
- Please note that students may copy their class schedule from eWolf and paste into a Word document. Then save it to your desktop in order to upload to the OpenHire eForm application (Step 6).
All application materials become the property of Front Range Community College and cannot be copied. FRCC will conduct a criminal background check on selected candidate. Employment offers and continued employment are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
FRCC is committed to diversity and inclusion and is intentional about creating a learning and working environment that recognizes the value of individual and group differences. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and encourage inquiries from applicants who will contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our college. FRCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, religion, or national origin in employment or in our educational programs and activities.
NOTE TO STUDENTS: Please use your student email address when applying for Work Study/Student Hourly positions.
GENERAL SUMMARY - Off Campus Assistant, America Reads Tutor, MSU Denver Early Family Literacy Program, Work Study
Work part-time (17-19 hours/week) with 1-5 year olds in morning class (8:00am – 12:00pm, Monday-Friday), planning and implementing activities for children whose parents are enrolled in English and adult education classes in the Family Literacy Program. Work together with the Early Childhood Director to serve children of parents enrolled in MSU Denver Family Literacy. Childcare Program is associated with “Families Learning Together” located at Adams County Public Schools (McElwain Elementary, STEM Launch K-8, and Rose Hill Elementary). MSU Denver Family Literacy is a four component model family literacy program that involves parents in adult education, and classes addressing parent’s skills as their child’s first and most influential teacher.
- 18 years of age or older
- Early Childhood Teacher qualified per Colorado Shines Childcare Department of Human Services
- Must have taken a minimum of 2 three-semester hour ECE college courses with verified experience with children 1-4 years in a licensed center
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
- Flexibility, creativity, enthusiasm, enjoys working with young children
- Planning and Implementing Activities for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers
- Maintain daily records on children and their attendance
- Organize, maintain lesson plans and educational materials for the children
- Maintain good relationships with the parents, and hold conferences with them 2-3 times per year, home visits
- Attending Professional Development workshops/classes as required
- General childcare duties
- Must be a FRCC student enrolled in at least 6 credits for the current semester.
- Strong management, leadership and team-building skills.
- Competency in working with disadvantaged children and/or youth
- Very strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Front Range Community College, as required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), has compiled a comprehensive Campus Security Report. This report includes information about crime statistics from the previous three years, campus security policies as well as prevention programs. Information pertaining to the Boulder County, Larimer and Westminster campuses as well as the Brighton Center are also made available in this report. Published annually, this report can be found on the Front Range Community College web site under campus locations or by following this link. http://www.frontrange.edu/About-Us/Campus-Locations/Campus-Security-Report.aspx . A paper copy is also available upon request by contacting the Public Safety Office at the Boulder County Campus, the Larimer Campus or the Westminster Campus.