Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounting Professional I
- 24-Jun-2020 to 23-Aug-2020 (MST)
- Aurora, CO, USA
- Full Time
We make our members' lives better every day by offering affordable financial products and world class service. Are you ready to work for a company with a mission that includes knowing our members as individuals, focusing on their financial needs, advising and advocating for them and exceeding their expectations? Our vision is to be the recognized leader in our community and we need YOU to help us!
The Accounting Professional analyzes, verifies and processes accounting data with the objective of providing clear and accurate financial records in conformity with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Process and maintain accounts payable and vendor management.
- Process and track employee expense reports.
- Daily cash letter reconciliation and submit adjustments.
- Wire Transfer processing for members and credit union.
- Process Charge-Off accounts and reconcile.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with member service staff, vendors, and both internal and external accounting personnel.
- Manage and process daily accounting functions as assigned.
- Assist with month-end close functions as assigned.
- Assist other credit union staff with questions/issues as necessary.
- Performs other duties as required and needed.
- Knowledge of credit union operations, policies and procedures.
- Understanding of credit union products and services.
- Knowledge of Federal Banking Regulations.
- Knowledge of PC software for Microsoft Suite. (i.e., Word, Excel, Access)
SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and dependable to complete quality work.
- Ability to identify problem areas and make independent decisions to resolve problems as they relate to standard operating procedures. Problems that arise out of the normal daily operation are to be communicated to the Accounting Manager.
- Must be able to perform mathematical functions related to financial formulas.
- Perform well under stressful situations.
- Evaluate pertinent information and make quality decisions regarding credit union assets.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of six months experience in a financial institution or related field.
- High school diploma or equivalent.