Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Palliative | Namaste Home Health and Hospice | Denver, CO
at Ensign Services
The Nurse Practitioner is a registered professional nurse with advanced graduate education and clinical training who provides comprehensive hospice services in compliance with the state Nurse Practice Act and under the supervision of a collaborating physician. The Nurse Practitioner provides hospice care through the evaluation and assessment of the health history, health promotion, diagnosing medical conditions, and management of health problems by directing and developing the plan of care, prescribing medications or treatments, coordinating and collaborating with patients, families and other healthcare practitioners. Under the supervision of a physician, the nurse practitioner visits patients, completes physical assessments, performs face to face assessments and evaluates hospice eligibility as assigned in consultation with the hospice interdisciplinary team. The nurse practitioner builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the need of individuals and families within their homes and communities.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES - CLINICAL
- Utilizes approved clinical guidelines and evidence based protocols when providing care.
- Performs comprehensive and focused evaluation of patients.
- Provides services related to health maintenance and promotion, palliative care and end of life care.
- Recommends laboratory and radiology tests as appropriate, in collaboration with the hospice physician.
- Collaborates with home health nurse, hospital nurse, attending and palliative care physicians and others as needed to discuss identified patient needs and to order medication adjustments, treatments, and other care.
- Performs other therapeutic or corrective measures as indicated, including urgent care as necessary.
- Consults with Medical Director or designee as needed, informs primary physician of services provided and collaborates with other physicians as needed; provides written reports to primary physician upon request.
- Prepares and maintains accurate patient records, charts and documents to support sound medical practice.
- Provides training for staff, medical residents and students as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Adheres to the practice of confidentially regarding patients, families, staff and the organization.
- Maintains current knowledge and skills in the Registered Nurse Practitioner category.
- Utilizes and models excellent customer service skills at all times; seeks opportunities to assist patients, families and co-workers; demonstrates teamwork and cooperation.
- Accepts direction and follows instructions from supervisor; seeks additional information as needed; works with minimal supervision.
- Adheres to all organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- Continually meets organizational standards for attendance and punctuality; notifies supervisor in a timely manner when employee will be absent or late for work.
- Attends all required meetings and in-services; seeks opportunities for additional professional development activities as appropriate.
COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of palliative care with emphasis on symptom control associated with terminal illness.
- Knowledge of the holistic approach toward patient care and the nursing process as it applies to hospice patients and families.
- Knowledge of hospice certification/recertification eligibility requirements.
- Knowledge and acceptance of hospice philosophy and principles of care.
- Knowledge of computer software applications.
- Skill in organizing and prioritizing workloads to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with co-workers and other customers.
- Ability to follow basic safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to use good judgment and to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, resourcefulness, patience and dedication.
- Ability to accept direction and adhere to policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing and accredited Nurse Practitioner Program.
- Master's degree with a minimum of one (1) year Nurse Practitioner experience and a minimum of one (1) year hospice or palliative care experience.
- Current nursing licensure in State and CPR certification.
- Accreditation from an approved certifying body for advanced practice nursing as required by State.
- Certification in a specialist area preferred; (e.g. Hospice and Palliative Nursing (CHPN), Pediatrics or Geriatrics).
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skill, problem solving skills, mathematical skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position and / or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and/or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Ensign Services provides recruiting and placement support services to operations in the health care industry. These employers all offer a work environment where local leaders and teams are empowered to achieve superior clinical outcomes, high patient and family satisfaction, operating efficiencies, and financial performance. We engage in a collective quest to develop and support employees so they can deliver dignified, quality health care experiences to patients in the communities they serve.
It is the policy of the Company to be an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to ensuring that all conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, determination of compensation and/or benefits, and termination of employment, for all job classifications, are based on qualifications and work record. No employment decision is made, nor does the company discriminate, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex/pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.