Encore Electric, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Encore Electric, Inc.
# of Openings:
After initial training period performs hard bid estimates for the organization.
Maintain open communication lines with all working relationships
Follow up to ensure items for which the job is accountable are performed
Earn and maintain customer’s trust.
Uphold the core values of the organization.
Work well with others to accomplish the mission of the organization and of the job.
Performs hard bid estimates
- Understands the National Electric Code in order to review drawings for accuracy and completeness
- Deals directly with Vendor as a company representative regarding the estimate
- Once conceptual drawings have been completed by Senior Estimator, enters information into estimating system
- Attends preconstruction job meetings with Preconstruction managers representing the company to clients
- Attends turnover meetings to explain estimate and budget to construction personnel for constructability
- Perform full take off by scraping plans, counting fixtures and electrical equipment and entering information into the estimating system
- Send quotes out to vendors
- Enters and prices quotes from vendors into estimating system
- Scope quotes, checking subcontractor quotes and bids for completeness and recommends revisions where necessary
- Participates in vendor selection along with Preconstruction Manager
- On larger projects works side by side with Senior Estimator to develop larger estimates
- Ensure the vendors priced a complete package and didn’t leave any holes in their quotes
- Assist in creating proposals for General Contractors
- Come up with qualifications based off the drawings they scraped
- Qualify exceptions Encore has taken to the drawings
- Explains deviations from drawings to General Contractor
- Answers general questions from the contractor about their estimate
- Performs take off estimates
- Scans plans to create a hard set of documents to send out for quotes from vendors
Other duties as may be assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Common Building Standards/Practices
- National Electric Code sufficient to assist in making decisions which impact the project
- Alternating Current theory
- Electrical Construction
- Independent decision making impacting the project and the organization as a whole
- Adapting to new and changing requirements, environments, and/or information
- Estimating resources needed to complete required tasks
- Analyzing projects, breaking them down to their component levels
- Use of communication software
- Business writing
- Effective written and oral communication sufficient to be able to elicit and communicate information and achieve understanding
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with customers, vendors, consultants, management, and employees
- Operating a computer
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Organizing work to accomplish tasks
- Reading and writing
- Prioritizing and reprioritizing to meet job needs
- Problem solving
- Tracking numbers and bits of data relevant to the work assignment
- Lifting (up to 50 lbs)
- Vision acuity (near and far)
High School Diploma or equivalent. Degree in related field is preferred.
Attendance or completion in the Electrical apprenticeship program is preferred.
Three years of progressive experience in the electrical trade. This particular experience may be supplemented by a construction management degree or a power engineering degree plus electrical experience.
Encore Electric, Inc. is an EEO/AA/M/F/VET/DISABILITY employer.