Emerson Electric Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Emerson Electric Co.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Calibration, testing and trouble-shooting of valves as well as measurement and valve related instruments.
- Assembly of new equipment or repaired equipment.
- Documentation of repair / testing / assembly activities – cause of failure, actions taken, parts used, labor hours, etc
- Various inventory control responsibilities - stocking shelves, pulling parts, cycle counting, proper documentation of inventory transactions.
- Customer communication – technical assistance, troubleshooting, quoting / determining disposition of repairs.
- Participation in field service calls, as required, at customer sites. May require overnight stays from time to time.
- Disassembly, cleanup and evaluation of parts.
- Surface preparation and painting assemblies and parts.
- Nameplate stamping and tagging.
- Boxing / shipping of old and new parts. Crating and packaging when required.
- Final inspection and completion of inspection report.
- Signing and documenting date compliance sheets.
- Adherence to all safety, quality, company rules and regulations.
- Responsible for personal safety and those around him/her. Can maintain excellent housekeeping standards.
- Participation and involvement in Safety, Quality and Activities Committees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Mechanical related Associates degree a plus.
- Experience in the process control industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of analyzing, evaluating, diagnosing, and resolving equipment and process related problems is strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer relations skills are a must.
- Personal Computer experience strongly preferred
Lifting, climbing, and manual dexterity work.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.