Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Superintendent Heavy Highway
at EJS Group
If you have the necessary experience, have shown stability with past employers, have a strong industry background and are looking for new opportunities, let EJS Group guide you through a highly competitive marketplace. EJS Group will provide you with insight into our clients culture, compensation expectations and growth opportunities. Apply today and allow us to present you to our client for maximum exposure.
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Location: Denver Division - operating primarily in Colorado and surrounding states
- Minimum Years of Experience: 3+ Years
- Willing to Travel
- Specialty: Commercial, Industrial
- Must be Eligible to Work in the US
A nationally known, full-service heavy-civil contractor, specializing in building highways, airfields, streets and local roads, parking lots, industrial pavements, and water resource projects. In business for 60 years, the primary market areas include the Rocky Mountain, Midwest, and Southwest regions of the United States. A leader in concrete paving innovation and quality, the client currently ranks in the Top 400 ENR Contractors and employs 350 employees annually.
The Paving Superintendent will supervise the overall all set-up and placement of high quality concrete pavements on project(s) in the Denver Division which operates in Englewood, CO. The Superintendent will be responsible for achieving optimum utilization of the equipment, material and labor, thus, maximizing production and minimizing costs in the area of assigned responsibility. All of this is to be accomplished in conjunction with practicing ethical business transactions, adhering to the corporate policies, values and beliefs while pursuing the company’s short and long range goals. An in-depth knowledge of all contractual requirements, plans and specification will be required. Must understand all quality requirements and be able to ensure crews are trained to perform high quality work.
The Superintendent will be responsible for developing a high performing team that works cooperatively with all owner and subcontractors representatives during the production and placement of high quality concrete pavement.
- 5-8 years of relevant, progressively responsible supervisory experience in construction of concrete pavements on highway and airfield project(s) including extensive experience operating and maintaining slipform paving equipment.
- Excellent people skills & works well with others – team player!
- Self starter & educator
- Possesses excellent organizational/coordination skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bilingual Spanish
- Computer Skills must include: Microsoft Office (Excel/Word), Viewpoint experience is a plus
- Experience/knowledge of mechanical/hydraulic/electronic systems on slipform pavers
Incumbent must be able and willing to work on remote projects in Colorado and neighboring states; work under very rigorous conditions – long hours and 6 to 7 days a week at times. Good communication skills are required and an ability to focus on tasks at hand, be a self-motivator, and to work well with others. Base hourly wage and Davis Bacon classification/hourly wage will be established and/or negotiated commensurate with specific experience and qualifications. Applicant must be at least 18 years old.
This is outside work in all types of environments, weather conditions, and all seasons. Due to the nature of the position, regular and timely attendance is essential and must conform to the company's hours of operation. Construction background required, prefer paving or heavy/highway construction experience. Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus
- Valid ID, background check, and drug screening are required for all applicants.
A comprehensive benefits package is provided to meet the needs of our employees at an affordable cost The client pays the entire cost for some benefits and others require employee cost-sharing.
- Dental (Class I & II)
- Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Hourly Travel Incentive plans
- Retirement Plan Contribution
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Employee Recognition plans (based on years of service)
- Company Vehicle Plans
- Relocation (for select positions)