Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Edmentum Inc
Edmentum is committed to making it easier for educators to individualize learning for every student through simple technology, high-quality content, actionable data, and customer success. Founded in innovation, Edmentum’s powerful learning solutions blend technology with individual teaching approaches. We are dedicated to being educators' most trusted partner in creating successful student outcomes everywhere learning occurs. Our commitment is built off the emphasis we place on our core values: passion, people, respect, collaboration, and performance.
The Territory Manager is responsible for selling multiple programs and will be responsible for managing existing customer relationships and driving growth in current customers as well as new customers. This position encompasses solution based sales into the K-12 market and will be charged with territory development, generating new sales and business opportunities, renewal and expansion of programs and services within their assigned territory. The Territory Manager will identify on-going customer needs and increase overall market share. This candidate must be located in CO or NE.
Here's what you'll do:
- Identify and develop new acquisition sales opportunities within assigned territory through networking and cold calling efforts.
- Responsible for growing long-term customer relationships within assigned territory
- Responsible for identifying prospects, setting appointments and closings sales within assigned territory.
- Seeks to build multiple relationships within a customer account in an effort to expand sales
- Effectively navigates multiple steps in the sales process with multiple decision makers demonstrating the ability to influence high level decision makers
- Maintain proficiency in Edmentum programs and services and appropriately position Edmentum solutions against the competition.
- Accurately assess and analyze customer needs and identify appropriate solutions
- Prepare and deliver strategic sales presentation
- Responsible for creation of a strategic business development plan that outlines the level of activity needed to meet territory objectives
- Stay current and informed in federal, state and local funding options.
- Maintain accurate information and activity tracking in CRM (Salesforce.com)
- Manage travel and expense budgets
- Responsible for fulfilling and maintaining Request for Proposal (RFP-, Information (RFI) and Questions (RFQ).
- Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, and work processes throughout the selling process.
- Produce accurate and timely forecasts as required by management
- Engage in self-development and training, ensuring up-to-date knowledge of Edmentum programs and services
Here's what you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience
- Experience selling into government and/or education verticals and/or previous Educator or Administrator preferred
- Software, hardware, and/or high technology sales experience preferred
- Must possess excellent time management, writing, oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Sufficient computer literacy to use required business tools and to demonstrate technical programs.
- Must possess attributes necessary to master consultation sales skills and the ability to translate customer needs into Edmentum programs.
- Must possess a customer service orientation sufficient to develop excellent customer relations and an ability to work with a wide variety of people.
- Consistent travel within assigned territory - ~70%
Edmentum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.