EchoStar Technologies L.L.C
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Principal Accountant II- Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting
at EchoStar Technologies L.L.C
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries—EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems— EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what’s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
We are seeking a Senior Principal Accountant II - Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting who will be responsible for researching technical issues and drafting technical memos for our global organization as well as assisting with the preparation of the SEC reporting for our two filing entities. This is a high level individual contributor role that will be based in Gaithersburg, MD or Denver, CO depending on who the right candidate is. This role will report to the Senior Director of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting. This is a highly visible role with lots of opportunity to see the big picture and interact with other teams – Executives, Finance, Operations, Internal Audit, IT, and Subsidiary Management teams, to name a few. The ideal candidate must be able to take initiative, have a solid understanding of technical accounting, SOX compliance, financial statement reporting as well as understanding of a complex multi-level consolidating close process. Must have excellent organizational and writing skills and be a self starter that is able to work both independently and on teams. Last, they must be flexible to work on different projects at any time.
- Draft technical memos and succinctly present issues and conclusions to management
- Assist with timely adoption of all required Accounting Standards Updates.
- Perform ongoing assessments for areas like impairment, fair value accounting, etc.
- Assist with all required financial statements and forms with the SEC, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, and DEF 14A, which requires close coordination with our legal team
- Assistance with quarterly and annual earnings release, investor decks, Audit Committee materials and other outside communications as appropriate.
- Assist with the external audits, including the integrated audit of financial statements, joint venture financial reports, employee benefit plan audits and statutory audits
- Assist with maintaining appropriate documentation and identification of the Company’s SOX key processes and controls
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. in Accounting with a minimum of 6+ years of progressive technical accounting and SEC reporting experience
- 3+ years public accounting, Big Four a plus
- CPA – Active
- Travel for business purposes, international and domestic, will be required but it should be less than 20% of the time.
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP and technical accounting research capabilities, with IFRS a plus
- Strong working knowledge of SEC regulations and reporting
- Experience with international consolidations and translations
- Experience with Workiva
- High emotional IQ – very strong communication and influencing skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively across multiple functional and business groups
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.
At EchoStar we know the excitement of new endeavors. We pride ourselves in not just our engineering expertise, but as pioneers forging technological change to improve the lives of our customers. We are Connecting the World in new and exciting ways, and offer you the opportunity to learn more about how EchoStar family of companies could be the right destination for you!