Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tower Crew Lead - $2,500 sign-on bonus!
at Dish Network
- Job ID
- DISH Network Services (DNS)
DISH Wireless is changing the way the world communicates. We’re building out the first of its kind, ground-up network dedicated to M2M and IoT devices. Our immediate goal is building a network that will support the billions of coming devices and coverage in all major economic areas across America by 2020. We see a future of infinite connectivity built on a network dedicated to the new era of connected devices: A brand-new, standalone, 5G network unburdened by legacy infrastructures.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH Wireless.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Tower Crew Lead will be responsible for leading a crew in the maintenance and repair of Dish’s Narrowband – Internet of Things (NB-IoT) network within a geographical region. Tower Crew Leads will be a part of a work crew that will travel to cellular tower sites and perform work at both ground locations (working with electric components) and tower top locations (climbing up to 500 feet).
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Maintain and repair equipment within the Dish NB-IoT network within a given region, including equipment upgrades as this exciting technology grows
- Complete work on towers at heights of up to 500 feet high, while maintaining a focus on safety at all times; the Crew Lead is specifically responsible for all safety processes being followed on site and for being situation commander when necessary
- Assist with build out of Multichannel Video and Data Distribution Service (MVDDS) technology being deployed by DISH. This is the first mass deployment of this type of system in the US; the system uses 25 MHz sections of bandwidth in the 12.2 – 12.7 GHz frequency range to transmit signal terrestrially
- Install and maintain HughesNet Gen 5 satellite broadband dish that serves as the backhaul for our NB-IoT tower sites
- Conduct Job Safety Analysis aka Job Hazard Analysis at each job site
- Collaborate with Network operations and Construction operation teams
- Learn from original equipment manufacturers (OEM) contacts
- Filing rating plans with tower companies
- Assist in hiring selection processes
- $24 - $31.25 / hour
- Up to 100% travel required
Skills - Experience and Requirements
Successful Tower Crew Leads have the following:
- Current industry certifications (and willingness to recertify and maintain) including OSHA 30, OSHA 10, RF Safety Certificate, CPR/First Aid, AED, Advanced Rescue, and OSHA Competent Climber
- 3-5 years of experience working on communication towers up to 500 feet high
- Ability to work at heights for prolonged lengths of time
- Strong safety focus while performing work at heights or on the ground
- Ability to respond in an “on-call” capacity to respond to network outages
- Ability to lift 80 lbs. regularly and up to 125 lbs. as needed
- Ability to pass a pre-employment screen (Drug, Background, Driving)
- Meets the maximum weight requirements of 250 lbs. and maximum 60-inch waist size in order to safely use Personal Protective Equipment such as the required harness