Denver Dumb Friends League Jobs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Denver Dumb Friends League Jobs
Purpose of Position: Maintain all League properties and associated assets while edifying facilities team members.
- Maintain electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and environmental systems.
- Care for grounds including snow removal, mowing grass, and maintenance of landscaping.
- Maintain League vehicles and vehicle service records
- Perform light carpentry projects, painting, and repairing interior and exterior of buildings.
- Maintain boilers and incinerators.
- Assist League staff with event set-up, hanging signage, and moving equipment and furniture.
- Maintain all League equipment used for the grounds and building maintenance to ensure proper functioning and safety for use.
- Assist with management of Access Control systems including maintenance, data entry, and running reports.
- Work closely with the Facilities Manager to ensure safety and cleanliness of work environment.
- Work closely with the Facilities Manager to direct, schedule and monitor contractors.
- Assist with coordination of code requirements and building inspections.
- Contribute to and lead facilities employees and initiatives to improve processes and procedures.
- Perform emergency maintenance as required (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
People are the key to fulfilling our mission. Making internal and external patrons and their needs a primary focus is expected in all situations. This position interacts with and collaborates with employees at all levels of the organization. Communication occurs through face to face, telephone, and electronic interactions and may also include contact with the general public and League business partners. Communication and contact must be clear, understandable, cooperative, professional and respectful in all circumstances. Employees are expected to actively support a positive team environment, directly address conflict, and appropriately express concerns.
Competencies are work behaviors and expectations necessary for successful job performance. They encompass knowledge, skills, abilities, attitudes, and actions. Organizational competencies apply to all jobs at the League; position competencies are specific to this position.
- Attention to Detail
- Managing Resources
- Technical Expertise
- Decision Making
- Results Oriented
- Time Management
- Analytical Thinking
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements
Performs work primarily in a shelter environment and outdoor setting. Potentially prolonged periods of standing, movement, and repetitive motion. May work in an area with high noise level. Potentially subject to animal bites and scratches. Frequent lifting up to 75 lbs. with reasonable accommodation. May require after hours response for emergencies or snow storms. Work outside in weather extremes, both heat and cold. Exposure to chemicals and other general maintenance hazards.