Denver Art Museum
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Sales Associate - Temporary Exhibition
at Denver Art Museum
Welcome to the The Denver Art Museum, where we believe that art can make a difference in peoples’ lives by celebrating & stimulating creativity and inspiring greater understanding & connection with our world. The DAM aspires to be a beloved anchor in Denver’s cultural & creative ecosystem and a national beacon for the ingenuity & boldness of our community. Are you ready to join a dynamic team of creative, motivated people who are passionate about delivering world-class experiences? If so, please proceed! In turn, the Denver Art Museum delivers competitive wages and benefits in a work environment that promotes excellence and rewards dedication and commitment.
Promotes and represents the Denver Art Museum and the Shop providing Superior Customer Service to all visitors, assisting in the product selection and completing the transaction in a professional friendly manner. Directs, supervises and trains sales associates on the TAM POS system.
This is a temporary position for the exhibition Claude Monet: The Truth of Nature, starting October 1, 2019 and ending February 2, 2019, with training beginning in September.
- Assists the general public and members in a consistently courteous, professional and friendly manner always striving to provide superior customer service and monitoring sales associates to provide same
- Responsible for POS Point Of Sale operations, cash handling and knowledge of institutional programing, events and exhibitions
- Trains and assists sales associates with POS system and sales “Book”
- Makes change, audits sales associates and handles money in an accurate and timely manner
- Daily closeout and balancing of change drawer and daily receipts
- Assists in reconciling sales associates deposits as needed
- Opens and closes Shops and directs sales associates as needed in absence of a manager on duty
- Maintaining , organizing and replenishing merchandise and displays on sales floor
- Acts as a resource for questions relating to the general museum, museum complex and surrounding area and attractions
- Acts as liaison for sales associates and management
- Helps to resolve customer service issues/complaints as needed
- Attend ongoing employee enrichment/training programs and customer service training
- Attend museum staff meetings (Huddle, Allstaff)
- Tags and processes incoming merchandise to the sales floor
- Required to work evening hours and weekends; must be flexible to change hours exhibitions and events
- Trash removal
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Basic knowledge of retail operations
- Basic knowledge of art history preferred
- Detail oriented with organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Positive communication skills for dealing with vendors, staff (paid and volunteers), and public speaking
- Outstanding Customer Service Skills
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Team oriented
Education or Formal Training
- High School diploma or equivalency required. Some college a plus
- Lead Cashier or supervisory retail experience.
Material and Equipment Directly Used (office equipment, tools, lifts, vehicles, etc.)
- Personal computers – word processing, spreadsheet, database, HTML, web browser e-mail software
- Telephone system
- POS register, receipt printer, cash drawer, adding machine
- Money – cash, checks, credit cards, gift cards, travelers checks
- Receipts, deposit slips
- Laminating machine
Working Environment/Physical Activities (lifting, coordination, temperature, hazards, interruptions, etc.)
- Environment: temperature controlled
- Repeated lifting and heavy lifting of 40 lbs. and up
- Activities: Sitting, standing, lifting, communicating
- Reaching, bending, stooping