Dean Foods Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Order Picker - 3rd Shift
at Dean Foods Company
- Requisition ID
- Manufacturing & Production
- High School or Equivalent
- Relocation Assistance
- Job Type
Meadow Gold, a DFA Dairy Brands company, is excited to announce an opening for a Cooler Load Out position!
We offer excellent benefits and competitive pay with great growth opportunities!
Monday- Tuesday- Wednesday- Saturday- Sunday
Job Description & Requirements
The order assembly picker/loader is responsible for picking orders, palletizing, loading and unloading products and/or cases, and working any station or line that is assigned. The order assembly picker/loader works anywhere in the Load-out/Freezer/Cooler areas that may be assigned.
- Responsible for pulling products for customer orders.
- Perform freight handling using appropriate motorized and manual equipment (when certified).
- May use hand-held tracking device
- Mark the paperwork properly when making adjustments for product shortages.
- Keep accurate records on load sheets, inventory sheets, scrap sheets, and computerized equipment.
- Ensure proper code date rotation.
- Report any mechanical problems such as bad wearstrips, plugged or missing lube nozzles, spacer stop malfunctions, palletizer malfunctions or conveyor breakdowns.
- Report any product/packaging issues.
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
- Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 6 months related in manufacturing environment.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Minimum 6 months recent experience operating a forklift in a high efficiency environment.
- Forklift Operator Certification required
- Must be able to pass a written and driving fork lift skills test
- Must be able to sit and/or stand and drive for virtually the entire shift.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Must be able to work in an environment where temperature is maintained at 35-40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- May have exposure to allergens.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).