CTL Thompson, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER - CO SPRINGS
at CTL Thompson, Inc
CTL|Thompson, Inc. - Colorado Springs
CTL|Thompson Inc. seeks a Geotechnical or Geological Engineer for its Colorado Springs, CO office. The successful applicant will work on completing geotechnical engineering design projects, primarily involved with foundation investigations for commercial buildings. Studies involving slope stability, earth retention, pavement design and geologic hazards are also likely.
Work will be primarily geared toward projects; however, client service and business development will also be required.
Duties will include:
- Engineering analysis including: foundations, slope stability, and earth retention
- Writing and reviewing proposals, reports, and letters
- Providing engineering consultation
- Attending project meetings
- Managing projects
The ideal applicant will have a valid, Colorado professional license or the ability to obtain one within 6 months, a B.S. in engineering or engineering geology (MS preferred), and about ten to twenty years of geotechnical experience. In addition to strong engineering skills, this individual must possess an understanding of construction methods. The drive and ability to provide client-focused service is required. Geotechnical design experience with expansive soils, foundations, slope stability and/or earth retention structures is desirable, especially local experience. Good writing and communication skills are essential. Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
As leaders in the industry, CTL|Thompson employs only those with technical excellence and professionalism. Individuals exhibiting these qualities are attracted to CTL|Thompson by the potential for professional growth and advancement within the organization, and the opportunity to work alongside industry leaders.
Our full-time employees enjoy competitive pay and a generous benefits package which includes medical, life and long term disability insurances. Voluntary benefits options include dental, vision, supplemental life, short term disability, a flexible spending account and others. Retirement benefits include a 401K and profit sharing plan. CTL|Thompson, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon:
- Verification of your right to work in the United States, as demonstrated by your completion of the I-9 form upon hire and your submission of acceptable documentation (as noted on the I-9 form) verifying your identity and work authorization within three days of starting employment.
- Satisfactory completion of a drug test from a laboratory certified by Colorado and chosen (and paid for) by CTL|Thompson. The laboratory will collect and test the drug test samples, for which the required notice will be included with any employment offer and for which the required consent forms will be provided by the laboratory.
- A valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record in accordance with the company automobile insurance policy guidelines.