Crescent Point Energy Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Summer Student, Supply Chain
at Crescent Point Energy Corp.
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Job Type
- Summer Student
- Posted Date
- 1 month ago(1/28/2019 5:06 PM)
- Supply Management
- Posting Close Date
- Job Location
- Position Reports To
- Team Lead,Supply Chain and Contracts
Crescent Point Energy U.S. Corp., a subsidiary of Crescent Point Energy Corp., is a leading North American light oil producer, driven to enhance shareholder returns by cost-effectively developing a focused asset base in a responsible and sustainable manner.
Crescent Point is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Job Title: Summer Student – Supply Chain
Location: Denver, CO
Reports to: Team Lead – Supply Chain and Contracts
Term: May 2019 – August 2019
The following will provide you with basic guidelines as to the duties required of this position.
The successful summer student will join a fast-paced, hands-on Supply Chain team in a challenging oil and gas environment, having the opportunity to apply learned Supply Chain principles.
Main Responsibilities & Activities:
- Overall support with the US Supply Chain Management team to determine the appropriate sourcing strategy and justification ensuring compliance with procurement policy
- Gather key information to prepare RFP packages, bid evaluations and able to create documents such as pricing agreements and purchase orders.
- Collect, compile, normalize spend and market data in order to present to relevant internal stakeholders
- Assist and analyze cost structures for various services and equipment
- Assist with Inventory Management
- Identify new suppliers as required who can potentially provide goods and services at the lowest total cost and best value
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders in order to achieve buy-in and support
- Assist Engineering department on ad hoc category analysis
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working towards a degree in Supply Chain Management or a related field is required
- Confident, assertive individual who is resourceful and ambitious
- Knowledge of contract law and its application in the purchasing process would be an asset
- Enthusiastic individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications specifically Excel are required
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and influencing skills are required
- Team player who enjoys learning and contributing to the team goals.
Only qualified candidates of interest will be contacted