Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Automotive Technician II
at Cox Communications
A mid- level vehicle technicianprovides a high-quality vehicle maintenance and repairs for fleet vehicles. Provides service and delivery of vehicles with exceptional service tocustomers and is mindful of the control of costs. The technician may workindependently or in a team environment.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance: change oil, oil filter, fuel filter, transmission flush, and inspection of vehicle for mechanical deficiencies.
- Performs some more complex repairs, advanced diagnostics, and some fabrication.
- Based upon certification levels, perform various repairs and maintenance which may include: OBD II systems, brake components, tires, tune-ups, suspension components, aerial lifts, electrical systems, State Safety Inspections, interior/exterior components, engine and drive line components, etc.
- May maintain/repair equipment. (cable trailers, laptop docking stations, etc.)
- Keep shop area clean and tidy. Perform work in accordance to safety standards. Dispose of all fluids in a safe manner and in accordance with all regulations.
- Create and maintains vehicle history and maintenance records. May up fit new vehicles with necessary equipment.
- Assures availability of specialized trucks by troubleshooting and repairing complex hydraulic systems, generators and electrical systems, hybrids, and on-board computer systems.
- Provides custom equipment when needed by engaging in equipment design and moderate fabrication tasks including welding.
- Assures prompt repairs by interfacing and coordinating with vendors for parts and repairs. May perform roadside assistance as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 3 - 5 years of vehicleservice and repair experience; 1 year of customer service experience preferred.
- Valid Driver's License and safe driving recordrequired.
- Must continue training to maintain current A.S.E.status and to meet with technology and fleet changes as they occur.
- Requires some A.S.E. Automotive or TruckCertification or other related certifications.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talkand hear.
- Frequentlyrequired to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Visionabilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perceptionand ability to adjust focus.