Continuum Of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CoC - Part-Time Caregiver
at Continuum Of Colorado
Continuum of Colorado is hiring part-time Caregivers for our rewarding Direct Support Professionals (DSP) positions to provide personal care to youth and adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities in the greater Denver, CO area. You'll receive employer-paid training and get to interact with a variety of individuals while being responsible for supervision, training, program/care plan implementation, assessment and documentation for those we serve.
We require schedule flexibility; a willingness to work at our various residential facilities (in the Denver, CO Metro area - Aurora, Centennial, Littleton, and Parker); and a reliable means of transportation.
Schedule: Must be willing to work a minimum of 6 shifts/month with a maximum of 40 hrs/week. Shifts can include covering 2.5 day shifts or a day program shift with varying hours. Potential opportunity to transfer to full-time, benefited position, if available. Please note: transfers are not automatic and are subject to current staffing needs and availability.
Training: Must be able to complete all agency trainings at their scheduled times prior to working in our facilities. Training is a minimum of 3 weeks: Mon - Thu, 8a - 6p.
The Good Stuff - Starting Salary!
$13.22 + / hour (please note: this is a non-benefitted position)
More about what you’ll get to do as our part-time Caregiver!
* Train, assure and assist individuals in completing daily activities and other tasks (cleaning, toileting, meal preparation, meal pick-up and delivery, cooking, budgeting, hygiene etc.)
* Meet individuals' needs for transportation (may include driving or assisting in accessing transportation)
* Implement and document individuals' ISSPs, care plans and protocols
* Carry out scheduled community activities (transports, provides supervision)
* Assist with medications (i.e., administration, pill packing, monitoring) as certified, and document as appropriate
* Monitor health needs of individuals and assist in obtaining health care as needed
* Provide medical care in accordance with established protocols, to include First Aid/CPR when needed
* Document program, incident, medical and financial information as required
* Use web-based computer programs to document medication administrations
Must have’s to be our part-time Caregiver
* High school diploma or GED
* One (1) year experience in an area directly related to job assignment (i.e., developmental disabilities, etc.), preferred
* Ability to pass and maintain certification in all agency required training
* Ability to perform needed personal care and medical procedures; consistently lift up to 50 pounds
* Ability to read, write and converse in English and perform simple math calculations
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office at an intermediate level; ability to use Outlook
* Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work; operate agency vehicles, as needed
* Valid Colorado driver's license; proof of insurance
* Meet our driving requirements; no suspensions/revocations in the past 3 yrs and no more than 2 tickets in the past 3 yrs