Concorde Career Colleges
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Office Manager
at Concorde Career Colleges
Responsible for business office operations ensuring compliance, accuracy and efficiency while providing exceptional customer service. The Business Office Manager (BOM) manages the student collections process, accounts payable and purchasing and assists with management of the facility. The BOM works within the scope of authority established by Concorde while supporting and adhering to Concorde’s code of ethics, business standards, mission and core values. Supports company operations by maintaining office systems and supervising staff.
- Ensure the Business Office is compliant with regulatory and company requirements, policies and procedures, including timeliness and accuracy of student collections, refunds and overages while safeguarding cash.
- Timely and accurate collection and of campus receivables. 60% of responsibility will be communication with student population to maintain a current student accounts receivable aging and ensuring monthly payments are received timely.
- Timely and accurate processing and reporting of accounts payable and invoices, coding for the Campus including ageing reports, collections, payment plans, etc.
- Maintain oversight of effective and efficient textbook and supply inventory for the Campus, including directing physical inventory counts, resolving variances, and preserving accuracy.
- Accurate and timely calculations/processing and recording of student account activity including exception requests, transfer credits, charges, credits, amount due and withdrawal/reenter adjustments.
- Provide exceptional customer service to students related to accounts and information requests for transcripts, diplomas, graduation packs and other items as needed. Collaborate effectively with other Department leaders and staff.
- Coordinate activities with the Financial Aid office including processing cancellations and institutional refunds, monitoring changes in relevant laws and regulations, submitting accurate and timely reports, and reconciling records to ensure that financial aid adjustments are properly recorded.
- Assist Campus Support Center with maintaining professional and technical knowledge of corporate and generally accepted accounting principles and in accordance with Concorde policies and procedures at campus level.
- Responsible for other reasonably related duties assigned by Campus President based on business needs.
Business Acumen – Acquires and applies, keeps up-to-date with information from the business world, education and healthcare industries and applies cross-functional knowledge. Acquires, applies, and uses current knowledge in all areas of their own specialty or profession, is an expert in Concorde’s campus management system (CampusVue); identifies and uses other expert resources as needed; Knowledge of and ability to implement generally accepted accounting principles and procedures. Accurate and detail oriented.
Relationship Builder - Establishes professional, candid and trusting relations; cultivates a network of contacts throughout the organization; treats others fairly and with respect; seeks resolution of disagreements through open, constructive discussion.
Problem Solver/Decision Maker/Executor - Recognizes problems and devises and implements action plans; prepares account analysis, interpret financial data and make recommendations; is results-oriented and maintains a healthy balance between efficiency and effectiveness.
Effective Negotiator - Demonstrates ability to effectively facilitate parties toward a "win win" agreement; identifies key players; defines objectives, significant issues, and shared interests; communicates effectively; gains results with integrity and respect to others.
Effective Communicator - Speaks clearly and expresses self well in all situations; listens to others' ideas and opinions; keeps others informed; writes clearly and concisely; extracts substance from complex issues and organizes content effectively; selects appropriate media and message for the audience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field preferred but not required and 3 – 5 years of experience in a business office environment.
- Accounts receivable, collections, inventory management, financial reporting and proprietary education experience desired.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel required.
- Some travel required.
May supervisor 1-2 Business Office Assistants