Community College of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Student Assistant Work-Study
at Community College of Denver
Job Title: Student Assistant Work-Study
Department: CCD Foundation
Pay rate: $12.85 per hour
Number of openings: 1
Duties and Responsibilities
• Learn and provide support for day-to-day operations; e.g. greeting visitors, provide support to office staff, filing, inter-office mail delivery.
• Help ensure proper communication between the Foundation and their correspondents
• Attend various Foundation meetings and events to help with:
o Planning & Preparation; e.g. handouts, e-mails, agendas. Logistical Support & Meeting Preparation: e.g. board book printing, room set up. Encouraging student involvement.
• Ability to share your experience as a student if the opportunity presents itself
- Must be a current student of the Community College of Denver, taking at least six hours of credit and awarded work-study funds.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office Suite; e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook
• Customer service skills, including interpersonal and professional abilities
• Familiar with the physical layout of the Auraria campus, other landmarks.
• Basic administrative duties; e.g. filing, printing, copying, and telephone
• Strategic and innovative thinker
• Willingness to learn
• Time management skills,decision-making skills, and a willingness to ask for help when needed.
• Ability to multi-task, while remaining organized and professional
• Knowledgeable about organizational design
• Knowledgeable about key CCD personnel.
• Familiar with Auraria campus, CCD Connect, and CCD's website
20 hours a week (may not exceed 20 hours per week)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Please include the following items with your profile, by clicking New Resume/CV under "Apply" below:
- Cover letter including availability
- Class Schedule
- Copy of Work-Study Award Notice
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Community College of Denver is seeking individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment. CCD values the ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, instructors and staff of diverse backgrounds.
CCD is a Learning College where policies, programs and practices support learning as the major priority.
Community College of Denver is an Equal Employment Opportunity Educational Employer.
Background checks will be conducted on all finalists for employment consideration.
CCD recognizes that administration, faculty, instructors and staff reflect the diversity of its students and community and prohibits employment and student discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For information regarding Community College of Denver Security, including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the CCD Campus Security website under “student’s right to know”: http://www.CCD.edu/Safety . For a hard copy report please contact 303-352-3042.