Community College of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Student Assistant, Work-Study
at Community College of Denver
Job Title: Student Assistant, Work-Study
Department: Accessibility Center
Pay rate: $11.25 per hour
Number of openings: 2
Summer Semester 2018
Fall Semester 2018
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administrative support to staff and students served through the Accessibility Center (AC).
- Following AC procedures, greet students and assist with resources/services they seek.
- Assist students with sign-in process.
- Help build critical thinking skills through modeling and guided interactions.
- Foster an environment that encourages student learning and independent success
- Troubleshoot issues as appropriate.
- Communicate directly with AC staff and faculty/students who work with the AC.
- Assist with the weekly maintenance of the AT lab.
- Assist with document editing, accommodated testing, and/or other tasks as assigned.
- Must be a current student of the Community College of Denver, taking at least six hours of credit and awarded work-study funds.
- GPA 2.5 or better.
- Knowledge of computers.
- Knowledge of basic software, Internet and email.
- Experience in a service environment.
- Experience with alpha-numeric filing.
- Ability to make general decisions.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks.
- Good verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team.
- Ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Excellent grammar (English) in order to edit documents, textbooks.
- Bi-lingual (could include American Sign Language).
- Knowledge/experience with MicrosoftOffice Suite.
Up to 20 hours a week (may not exceed 20 hours per week)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Please include the following items with your profile, by clicking New Resume/CV under "Apply" below:
- Cover letter including availability
- Class Schedule
- Copy of Work-Study Award Notice
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Community College of Denver is seeking individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment. CCD values the ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, instructors and staff of diverse backgrounds.
CCD is a Learning College where policies, programs and practices support learning as the major priority.
Community College of Denver is an Equal Employment Opportunity Educational Employer.
Background checks will be conducted on all finalists for employment consideration.
CCD recognizes that administration, faculty, instructors and staff reflect the diversity of its students and community and prohibits employment and student discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For information regarding Community College of Denver Security, including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the CCD Campus Security website under “student’s right to know”: http://www.CCD.edu/Safety . For a hard copy report please contact 303-352-3042.