Community College of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Assistant , Work-Study
at Community College of Denver
Job Title: Program Assistant, Work-Study
Department: Office of Student Conduct and Care
Pay rate: $11.25 per hour
Number of openings: 4
Summer Semester 2018
Fall Semester 2018
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide programmatic and administrative support in a professional, student-focused, confidential and fun office environment.
- We are looking to fill two positions immediately for Spring 2018 and anticipate additional openings for Summer/Fall 2018.
- These positions support the Office of Student Conduct and Care and the CCD Counseling Center.
- Greeting all guests in person and on the phone.
- Answering program and CCD-related questions and directing to proper individual(s).
- Providing exceptional customer service, scheduling for professional staff and clinicians, copying and scanning and data entry.
- Creating PowerPoint content and presenting for New Student Orientations.
- Running errands/delivering items around campus, participate in team meetings and trainings.
- Help set up for events, interact with students at tabling events, deescalate situations, problem solve.
- Prior work experience
- Familiarity with basic computer programs (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to handle confidential matters with professionalism
- Ability to work well with others
- Willingness to tackle new projects
- Takes initiative
- Must be a CCD student and awarded work-study funds.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be available to staff office during regular business hours (Monday-Friday 8am-5pm).
- Must have reliable transportation to campus.
- Student conduct records will be reviewed.
- Prior office work experience
- Presentation/public speaking skills
- Experience in crisis response and/or de-escalation of elevated situations
- Preference will be given to top candidates who are available to work at least two semesters as a CCD student work study
Up to 20 hours a week (may not exceed 20 hours per week)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Please include the following items with your profile, by clicking New Resume/CV under "Apply" below:
- Cover letter must include available start date, specific availability, and intended transfer out/graduation date from CCD
- Class Schedule
- Copy of Work-Study Award Notice
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Community College of Denver is seeking individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment. CCD values the ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, instructors and staff of diverse backgrounds.
CCD is a Learning College where policies, programs and practices support learning as the major priority.
Community College of Denver is an Equal Employment Opportunity Educational Employer.
Background checks will be conducted on all finalists for employment consideration.
CCD recognizes that administration, faculty, instructors and staff reflect the diversity of its students and community and prohibits employment and student discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For information regarding Community College of Denver Security, including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the CCD Campus Security website under “student’s right to know”: http://www.CCD.edu/Safety . For a hard copy report please contact 303-352-3042.