Community College of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Learning Resource Specialist
at Community College of Denver
Title: Learning Resource Specialist
Department: Excel! Knowledge Zone
Community College of Denver is seeking individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment. CCD values the ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, instructors and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Preliminary screening will be made on the basis of completed application packet submitted by candidate. Completed application packet includes: a letter of interest of no more than five pages, addressing in general the items under "Primary Duties" and specifically each item under “Minimum Qualifications”; an online application; resume; and transcripts. All candidates, including current Community College of Denver employees must submit a complete application packet which includes all material listed above.
Only completed application packets will move forward for screening. Please review the job duties and minimum requirements carefully. It is your responsibility to demonstrate on your application that you meet all of the minimum requirements listed below to be considered. Failure to do so will result in your application being rejected. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a particular position does not assure the applicant an interview. Selected applicants will be invited by the screening committee for interviews. All application materials become the property of Community College of Denver and cannot be copied.
The Excel! Knowledge Zone exists to provide efficacious, timely, and intentional spaces where CCD students can be supported in learning and collaboration. The Learning Resource Specialist is critical to the success of this mission by effectively assisting students with technology needs, maintaining the technological working of the Excel Labs, and providing expertise in technology matters to students, faculty, and staff by remaining current in the education technology field.
In coordination with the Director of the EXCEL! Knowledge Zone and Education Technology Coordinator, the Learning Resource Specialist coordinates academic support workshops, facilitates the use of technology by students and staff, and ensures EXCEL! Staff provide an excellent student service experience. This position will also troubleshoot basic computer and tablet issues, help students navigate CCD’s Learning Management System (D2L), managing the smooth operation of student tracking and analytics software, engaging in professional development regarding the technology in the EXCEL! Zones, and assisting in the department evaluation process.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- One (1) year of experience working in K-12 education, community college, or university setting.
- Six (6) months of working with education computer labs, multimedia design, interactive design, information technology, computer systems, tutoring adults, or related student facing or customer service experience.
- Adept knowledge and use of MS Office Suite and other related/similar software.
- Demonstrated experience with approaches for adult learning and learning strategies.
- Ability to troubleshoot general technological needs or problems; coordinate with CCD IT department based on EXCEL! department needs.
- Proven interest to remain current with trends, policies and practices as they relate to learning commons and computer labs.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills that allows positive interactions staff and to provide high quality support and high levels of customer service to students.
- Ability to work well in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with students, faculty and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot technological and other problems.
- Ability to remain composed under stress.
Bachelor's Degree in education, instructional design, information technology, computer systems, or closely related field.
- Two (2) years of teaching or tutoring experience in K-12 education, community college, or university setting.
- Six (6) months of supervisory experience.
- Certificate(s) in Special Education, Computer Technology, Training, or other related field.
- Experience working in a community college or university setting.
- Experience working in an urban minority-majority environment.
- Knowledgeable about D2L, Banner, and related embedded LMS tools.
Some early morning, evening, and weekend work will be required.
OPEN DATE: November 14, 2018
CLOSING DATE: November 21, 2018 4:30PM
SALARY: $42,500 Annually
Our campus is located in downtown Denver, adjacent to two light rail stations, and just minutes away from shopping, restaurants, and event venues. When you visit our campus, it will be immediately evident that our faculty, staff, and instructors are passionate about serving our diverse student population. At CCD our passion is to help others, and we offer career pathways that will make a difference in the lives of our students.
If you are interested in sharing our passion for student success, CCD offers generous medical, dental, vision, life, and retirement options. We also offer the opportunity to expand your education, and those of your dependents, through our tuition reimbursement program.
For a complete review of the benefits we offer, please click on the following link:
Interested applicants must submit a complete application packet at https://ccdcareers.silkroad.com/ which includes:
- Electronic Application, Click ‘New Resume’ at the bottom of this page
- Cover Letter
- References - Names, phone numbers, addresses, & email addresses of three professional references
- Copies of transcripts, unofficial preferred
- Copies of appropriate credentials, if applicable
**All included attachments should be saved with the following nomenclature: Last name, First name Document; for example Doe, John Resume; Doe, Jane Transcripts
***Your resume should clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications. Those applicants that do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered. Part-time experience is ½ the equivalent of full-time experience. Example: Four (4) years applicable part-time experience equals 2 years full-time equivalency.
You will only be able to upload five (5) documents. Please send any document for your application that is over the allotted amount to CCDEmployment@ccd.edu. You will not be able to save your application and resume at another time. The system will time out after 45 minutes.
CCD is a Learning College where policies, programs and practices support learning as the major priority. The Community College of Denver is an Equal Employment Opportunity Educational Employer.
Background checks will be conducted on all finalists for employment consideration.
CCD recognizes that administration, faculty, instructors, and staff reflect the diversity of its students and community and prohibits employment and student discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For information regarding Community College of Denver Security, including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the CCD Campus Security website under “student’s right to know”: http://www.ccd.edu/ccd.nsf/html/WEBB87SQ2T-Student+Right+to+Know. For a hard copy report please contact 303-352-3042.