Community College of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CTE Tutor, Work-Study
at Community College of Denver
Job Title: CTE Tutor, Work-Study
Department: Excel! Zone
Pay rate: $12.85 per hour
Number of openings: 4
Duties and Responsibilities
- Tutors in CCD’s CTE Zone help students enrolled in CCD CTE courses better understand concepts and skills. Tutors are expected to:
· Foster a conducive learning environment by greeting students with a positive and welcoming attitude
· Work well with others from a variety of cultural backgrounds and learning abilities
· Build students' critical thinking skills through modeling and guided work
· Encourage independent work
- Must be a current student of the Community College of Denver, taking at least six hours of credit and awarded work-study funds.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Tutoring and/or teaching experience is preferred, but not required. In order to move through the hiring process, potential tutors must:
· Demonstrate a strong understanding of college-level CTE course concepts and skills
· Communicate clearly
· Guide others to a better understanding of accounting concepts and skills
· Document excellence (A or B) in ACC 121, ACC 122, ECO201 and/or ECO202
- · Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to work well as part of a team
· Ability to learn and adapt
· Proficient word processor and Internet navigation skills
· Willing to learn educational technologies
· Applicant shows responsibility, reliability and dependability.
· Must be in good academic standing
15 hours a week (may not exceed 20 hours per week)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Please include the following items with your profile, by clicking New Resume/CV under "Apply" below:
- Cover letter including availability
- Class Schedule
- Copy of Work-Study Award Notice
- Copies of Transcripts
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Community College of Denver is seeking individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment. CCD values the ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, instructors and staff of diverse backgrounds.
CCD is a Learning College where policies, programs and practices support learning as the major priority.
Community College of Denver is an Equal Employment Opportunity Educational Employer.
Background checks will be conducted on all finalists for employment consideration.
CCD recognizes that administration, faculty, instructors and staff reflect the diversity of its students and community and prohibits employment and student discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For information regarding Community College of Denver Security, including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the CCD Campus Security website under “student’s right to know”: http://www.CCD.edu/Safety . For a hard copy report please contact 303-352-3042.