Colorado Community Health Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Health Center Workforce Specialist
at Colorado Community Health Network
Colorado Community Health Network (CCHN) is a membership association of Community Health Centers (CHCs) serving low-income, homeless, and migrant populations in Colorado. CCHN is a dynamic, team-oriented, non-profit that provides support and technical assistance to CHCs and organizations interested in the CHC model. The Health Center Workforce Specialist must be self-motivated and able to manage multiple tasks, work with diverse people, carry a heavy workload, and accommodate regular travel within Colorado. The Health Center Workforce Specialist is responsible for coordinating projects within the Health Center Operations Division (HCOPS) to provide technical assistance to CHC members in training, recruiting, and staff retention.
1. Support CHCs in the research, design and implementation of a multi-year recruitment and retention project, including, as appropriate, produce reports, promotional materials, or resources, to aid CHCs in recruiting and retaining staff. This work will include regular travel to the CHCs participating in the project.
2. Advance relationships with training institutions and coordinate resources, technical assistance, and training that supports CHCs in providing and expanding opportunities for placement of health care students, interns, and scholars at CHCs.
3. Serve as CCHN’s workforce programs liaison with partners including, but not limited to: CHC executive leaders and staff, the National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC), the National Health Service Corps, the National Institute for Medical Assisting Advancement (NIMAA) program, Association for the Clinicians for the Underserved (ACU/STAR2 Center), Colorado Center for Nursing Excellence, area workforce partners, and state and local training institutions.
4. Oversee and analyze data collection projects that include the bi-annual salary, benefits, and turnover survey, annual turnover survey, employee engagement, and HR metrics report.
5. Communicate and coordinate with the state and national loan repayment agencies to ensure loan repayment information is provided to CHC staff. Oversee project management, evaluation, and recommendations for CHC staff applicants for state loan repayment.
6. Present and recruit on behalf of Colorado CHCs at career fairs, education institutions, and peer learning environments both locally and nationally.
7. Strategically create and utilize marketing materials and other communications that represent CHCs as employers of choice in CCHN’s social media platforms, websites, newsletters, and communicate materials with identified partners.
8. Create, plan, develop necessary materials, and facilitate face-to-face meetings and virtual sessions to provide CHCs with tailored recruitment and retention materials and resources.
9. Provide administrative support to the CCHN board committees and CHC peer groups managed by HCOPS, including the Strategic Workforce Committee (SWC), the Human Resources Advisory Network (HRAN), and other groups as assigned.
10. Represent CCHN at meetings, webinars, and conferences with CHC members, and in meetings with national, state, and local partners.
11. Schedule, plan and support events, conference calls, meetings, and training sessions, including all aspects of coordination, planning, material preparation, registration, minute taking, and follow-up, as directed.
12. Participate in and lead activities of internal committees such as the Events Team, the Cultural Competency Team, Wellness Committee, peer groups, and ad hoc teams as approved.
13. Assume other responsibilities as assigned.
14. Report corporate compliance concerns to CCHN’s Corporate Compliance Officer; any CCHN employee who reports a compliance concern in good faith is protected by law from retaliation.
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least two years of experience in a professional work environment and general knowledge of human resources preferred. Experience in community health, public health, nonprofit, project management, partnership building or facilitation a plus.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maximum accountability.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with all software in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to work with customer/client groups and/or experience in membership organizations.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and with diverse people.
- Strong relationship building ability with experience in facilitation and partnership building.
- Strong planning and implementation skills.
- Demonstrated awareness of, and value for, cultural competence.
- Experience facilitating meetings and leading groups preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to travel, with a valid Colorado driver’s license and a willingness to use personal vehicle on occasion for in-state travel.
- Physical ability to stoop, kneel, bend, use a computer and perform light lifting.
CCHN is an equal opportunity employer offering a generous benefits package, a casual work environment, and a competitive salary (DOE).
Category: Full –Time (40 hours per week), Non-Exempt
Responsible to: Health Center Operations Division Director
Job Description Effective: October 2018
Compensation Range: $22 - $24.50 per hour
To Apply: Please email the following to Katie Ventura at email@example.com. No phone calls please. This position will remain open until filled.
- A cover letter.
- Current resume with all relevant qualifications and experience.
- Written answers to the following two questions (limit responses to one-page total).
- This position requires the ability research, analyze and present information on opportunities for health care education placements at CHCs. As well, this position requires the ability to bring together people from different types of organizations to discuss how to offer the health care education placements. Describe a time when you used research and facilitation skills to get buy in and participation on a project.
- This position will need to do tailored recruitment and retention work for individual CHCs that then will be modified to be used by multiple CHCs. Describe a time when you took a general model and then tailored it to fit a customer’s needs.