Colorado Acute Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse - PRN
at Colorado Acute Hospital
1690 N. Meade Street
Denver, CO 80204
As healthcare professionals, we are driven by a shared desire to help others.
Through medicine, technology and basic human compassion, we have the power to bring hope, comfort and healing to people in their hour of need.
At all of the LifeCare Family of Hospitals, we never forget the importance of our mission and the responsibility that comes with it. We are dedicated to achieving better health for our patients by treating each person's body, mind and soul
A national leader in long term acute care, LifeCare was built on the belief that early and aggressive intervention, coupled with a personalized treatment plan, can maximize a patient's potential for recovery.
General Summary: The Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse identifies patient needs, plans, implements, evaluates and provides nursing care of assigned patients utilizing the nursing process to facilitate the patient’s progression toward optimal health. The LPN/LVN is active in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.
Patient Population: Delivers direct patient care appropriate to the patients served. The ages of the patients served are adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older).
- Collects data on admission and for on-going re-assessment of patients with complex health problems. Recognizes changes from baseline and reports changes in status to RN/MD.
- Plans/organizes work for assigned shift to properly utilize time, resources, manpower and supplies to ensure patient receives appropriate quality care.
- Implements, reviews and provides relevant data to assist in the revision of the plan of care under the direction of the RN/MD, and within the scope of practice, to meet the complex needs of assigned patients and families.
- Completes and documents all patient care provided within the scope of practice in a competent and proficient manner. Responds appropriately and assists others in emergency situations in a calm and effective manner.
- Participates in patient education and preparation for discharge.
- Facilitates care of the patients in admissions and transfers and is knowledgeable in the admissions and transfer process.
- The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the position requirements are demonstrated through the successful completion of competencies established for the position, to include population served and other special needs of patients or customers served by the department.
- Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
- Regular attendance and timeliness is required.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Supervision: Oversees and directs delegated functions of CNAs, Mental Health Assistants, Patient Care Technicians, Monitor Technicians and Unit Clerks.
Experience: Six to twelve months of experience in an acute clinical setting is preferred.
Education: Graduate of an accredited technical school of nursing is required.
Licensure/Certification: Current LVN/LPN license in the state where practicing is required. Current BLS certification is required.
IV Certification is required upon hire.