Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vice President, Credit Administration
At CoBank, the Vice President provides general oversight and guidance for Credit Administration, Lending Manual content ownership and governance, Financial Institution and Counterparty Risk responsibilities, the Credit Advancement Program (CAP), and the Credit Information Services (CIS) group. Also provides backup approval support to the Credit Approval Group (CAG) on credit requests, participates in the CoBank Loan Committee (CLC), and is a primary CLC member on actions on credit policies and guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides management oversight of the Lending Manual team who maintains, develops, and reviews credit policies and procedures within the CoBank Lending Manual, including coordination with the respective lending groups.
- Provides management oversight of Business and Portfolio Analysts who support credit-related projects/systems including FIS Optimist, nCino, CR, CMS, CATS, and other credit related projects. Develops and executes upon ongoing objectives for FIS Optimist.
- Oversees the Lead Financial Institution Analysis Officer who manages and develops the bank’s risk assessment and due diligence for non-FCS financial institution counterparties. Reviews and approves counterparty limits for investments/derivatives and syndications/participations.
- Provides management oversight for the quarterly HAC and VID process, which is directly managed by the Credit Administration Portfolio Analyst, to supply the inputs for the bank’s Allowance for Credit Loss analysis.
- Provides general oversight and guidance to the Credit Advancement Program (CAP) Manager, who manages the bank’s credit training program, which is focused on hiring CAP associates, and developing well-qualified talent that will be available for internal promotion primarily into Credit Analyst positions.
- Serves as an active member of the CAP Committee, supporting the chairman and coordinating quarterly meetings along with the CAP Manager.
- Coordinates the mentorship program for the CAP program.
- Provides management oversight to the Credit Information Services (CIS) function to ensure timely and accurate management of data in FIS Optimist and Compliance Monitoring System (CMS). Works with the CIS Manager to ensure quality control and performance measurement processes are adequate to support a high level of CIS accuracy in CMS and Optimist functions.
- Supervises staff. Sets performance standards, manages workflow, grants authorities, evaluates performance, and recommends personnel actions within delegated authorities. Consults with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or a relevant discipline.
- Ten (10) or more years of credit experience, preferably in banking or financial services industry; or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Master’s degree, MBA, and/or CPA designation preferred.
- Broad knowledge of credit and complex financial structuring and financing alternatives in a banking environment.
- Strong management and solutions-based problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent leadership, people management, training and organizational development skills, with a demonstrated ability to motivate in a team-oriented and collaborative work environment, and promote, foster and build a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build successful relationships and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of agriculture and rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.