Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Change Management Specialist/Senior Change Management Specialist
At CoBank, the Change Management Specialist provides focused change management support to maximize employee proficiency with, adoption of, and the ability to use new operational processes, systems and work requirements. Their engagement supports the people side of projects and initiatives by developing change approaches and plans, then executing on these plans to increase employee adoption, minimize change resistance, and achieve desired project benefits. In this capacity, the Change Management Specialist serves as a change management resource on projects and initiatives, integrates change plans into overall project plans, and provides change management solutions geared to realizing project benefits and achieving desired results and outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies structured ADKAR methodology in leading change management activities and processes to create strategies supporting the adoption of changes required by a project or initiative.
- Facilitates and supports the design, development, direction of delivery and deliverables for change management communications.
- Assesses the impact of change by evaluating and ensuring associate readiness, identifying key stakeholders, and conducting impact analyses. Completes change management assessments throughout a project’s life cycle.
- Supports training efforts by providing input in documenting requirements, and supporting the design and delivery of training programs.
- Identifies, analyzes and prepares risk mitigation tactics and strategies for potential areas of resistance.
- Consults and coaches project teams, and integrates change management activities into project plans.
- Creates actionable deliverables for the five change management levers: communication plans, sponsor roadmaps, coaching plans, training plans, and resistance management plans.
- Executes on the change management plans and roadmaps.
- Supports organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities for project execution.
- Tracks and reports project progress and change management issues to project sponsors and project management teams. Defines and measures success metrics and monitors change progress.
- Work with Operational Excellence team to manage the portfolio of change initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Change Management, Marketing, Communications, Project Management, or other relevant discipline.
- Five (5) or more years of Marketing, Communications, Project Management or other relevant experience, including one (1) or more years leading change initiatives.
- Change management certification such as Prosci preferred. .
- Proven experience with mid to large-scale organizational change efforts, and a solid understanding of organizational issues and challenges and how people undergo change processes.
- Strong knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Detail oriented and organized, with a strong business acumen and a familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills, with demonstrated ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences. Excellent active listening skills.
- Able to build and maintain relationships, working effectively at all levels of the organization. Skilled at influencing others, building consensus, and moving toward a common vision or goal.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance, establishing strategic objectives, project plans and milestone goals, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving and root cause identification skills that enhance working with problems that are complex and often unique. Ability to maintain flexibility and resilience when working in ambiguous situations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.