Clinica Family Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bilingual Registered Nurse RN
at Clinica Family Health Services
**Must be bilingual in Spanish and English**
This job exists to: Provide direct nursing care to our patients, assist the providers and pod team members and provide support to the Nurse Supervisor and Assistant Nursing Director. Focuses on nurse leadership when assigned to a pod and on triage and/or tasks when off the pod. Specific responsibilities may vary slightly at each site depending on the site’s nursing structure and needs.
Flexible schedule, no weekends!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and lead daily pod patient flow, including nurse visits, medical assistant visits, co-visits and walkins.
- Utilize professional nursing clinical skills and assessment to provide primary care nursing.
- Participate as member of health care team planning for and providing optimal patient care including establishing nursing care plans when needed.
- Provide safe, comfortable, therapeutic environment for patients and families.
- Identify changes in clinical signs and symptoms in life threatening situations and initiate appropriate measures.
- Evaluate outcome of patient care, consult with other professionals as required, and adjust nursing care processes as necessary to ensure optimal patient care.
- Participate to champion a clinical outcome, and become the leader of the clinical champion on site.
- Assist to manage and work monthly/weekly/daily reports related to patient care and monitoring outcomes.
- Assess patient needs and acuity over the phone. Triage patients accordingly.
- Manage patient tasks and patient/provider follow-up with assistance from team and according to nurse task guidelines. Maintain own daily schedule of patients.
- Administer medications as requested by care team.
- Assist with OSHA, CLIA and the Cancer Screening Programs and other organization or site quality processes.
- Facilitate problem solving as it arises on the pod
- Provide direct patient care through nurse visits, co-visits and the use of nursing protocols.
- Provide co-visits in collaboration with providers and medical assistants. Responsibilities include initial assessment, documentation and patient education.
- Provide patient education at medical appointments including information about chronic care, disease prevention, the promotion of health maintenance and serve as a backup for anticipatory guidance.
- In collaboration with providers, provide care management to a small panel of complex patients who need increased clinical support, coaching, and or close follow-up
- Manage daily nurse schedule in conjunction with Nurse Supervisor; participate in daily pod huddles, dailies meetings, and weekly team meetings.
- Accurately document patient care in electronic health record.
- Proficient in the use of My Clinica Connection.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains a safe work environment by remaining informed of and compliant with the clinic’s safety policies, and in particular by application of safe practices in area of own responsibility.
- Knowledgeable of and compliant with laws and regulations governing area of responsibility.
- Responsible for reporting any potentially non-compliant conduct.
- Cooperates fully with our Compliance Officer in upholding our Compliance Plan
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
A. Education / Experience
- RN licensure from an accredited school required. BSN preferred.
- Two years of experience in community health preferred.
B. Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to flourish in a team management system.
- Experience with electronic health record preferred.
- Sensitivity to low income, ethnic minority community.
- Critical thinking
- Bilingual in Spanish required.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Coaching skills.
- Interacts with colleagues, team, and all staff in a professional and collegial manner
- Strong computer skills.