Citywide Banks Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Banking Assistant Lead
at Citywide Banks Inc.
Citywide Banks is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Commercial Banking Assistant Lead supports the RM on large complex deals from the initial application processing through closing and booking the transaction, including renewals and modifications. This includes playing liaison between the CBA team, RM, Credit and Loan Operations. This position is also responsible for a team of Commercial Banking Assistants ensuring quality and timely support of their assigned Commercial Bankers’ loan portfolios in accordance with bank guidelines.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists commercial loan customers both in person and via phone calls, acting on behalf of the Commercial Bankers, when appropriate and within scope of authority.
2. Enters loan data (structure, borrowers, collateral, pricing) into LOS System
3. Works with borrower to collect required documentation (pre-and post-approval)
4. Images all necessary documents and creates placeholders in DocMan to build an electronic credit file (New with system)
5. Requests / pulls compliance / customer verifications (OFAC, Fraud, etc.)
6. Pulls individual and business credit bureaus
7. Reviews information / data requests from Credit and other business lines and help obtain open items
8. Requests and collects due diligence activities / third party reports (appraisals, environmentals, UCC, title work, articles of good standing, credit report, etc.) - Reg B Compliance
9. Works with Loan Operations to support pre-closing and closing activities including: collect loan documents from Doc Prep team and review for completeness and accuracy, Confirm closing logistics
10. Engages credit to complete updated financial spreads and other activities (when new financial statements are received from the client and uploaded in DocMan
11. Funds closed loans, processes income and expense fees according to procedures; Reconciles monthly invoices and submits to Accounts Payable.
12. Works with assigned CBA Team, Commercial Bankers and Portfolio Managers to resolve loan documentation issues and clear documentation exceptions within the appropriate time periods.
13. Oversight of CBA team loan exceptions by pulling exception report.
14. Monitors closed loans report and process paid off loans of own loan portfolio and ensures CBAs portfolio’s that report to the CBA Lead are complete in accordance with bank procedures.
15. Monitors and acts on daily, weekly and monthly reports for maturing and delinquent loans; Tickler reports; and Loans to be Funded report; Responsible for tracking trailing documents for all commercial loan files, maintenance of loan ticklers for incoming documents and retention of these documents in the applicable file(s). Ensures CBAs that report to the CBA Lead are also monitoring and taking action.
16. Handles customer accounts including processing loan payments, disbursements and advances, as well as assisting in the monitoring of NSF activity.
17. Coaches/trains new Commercial Banking Assistants that directly report to the Lead on duties and how to support the Commercial-Credit team.
18. Directly supervises a group of Commercial Banking Assistants
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. High School diploma; Bachelor's degree (BA or BS), preferred
2. 5-7 years banking experience
3. Extensive knowledge and experience of Commercial/Ag lending and banking regulations, department operations, policies and procedures, preferred
4. Proven experience managing a team
5. Proficient computer skills, including Windows, Excel, Word, and Outlook
6. Excellent customer service skills
7. Effective time management skills with the ability to independently prioritize tasks
8. Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
9. Extensive knowledge of required entity documentation for various business entities (Corporations, LLC’s, Partnerships, etc.)
10. Extensive knowledge of proper collateral documentation needed to obtain and perfect all types of collateral
11. Knowledge of government and specialty lending programs, as well as participated loans, preferred
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Citywide Banks offers you friendly, exceptional service and great banking products. Our customers will have the unique opportunity to develop a relationship with banking professionals who really care. We take pride in giving our customers the very best banking experience possible.
Our unmatched dedication to customer service is strengthened by our parent company, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. , a multi-billion financial services company that matches our loyalty to the principles of community banking. Our shared values coupled with Heartland's powerful services bring our customers the personal attention they deserve backed by the products and services that make Great Things Happen!
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will