City of Northglenn
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Substitute Aquatics Instructor (non-certified)
at City of Northglenn
Pay: up to $13.63/hour
$13.63 - $
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 2363755
Overall Job Objective
- Nature of Work
- Substitute Teaches when needed, scheduled classes, beginning and ending on time; provides adequate warm-up, exercise, stretching, and cool down at the indoor recreation center pool,Hours are based on teacher class coverage and may include the following:
Summer hours are 7:50 to 8:50 a.m. Tuesday's and Thursday's. Fall Hours 8:20 to 9:20 a.m. Tuesday's and Thursday's, may also include substitute teaching at the outdoor facility during the summer months.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Instructs patrons on effective workout methods; explains proper techniques, demonstrates exercises; identifies different muscle groups, and teaches appropriate methods to strengthen specific muscles.Prepares appropriate equipment, music, and handouts for class participants.Assists patrons, answers questions, and maintains a positive exercise experience for all class participants.Keeps management informed of pool activities, facility needs, and significant problems.Ensures that safety standards are met, and that department and facility policies are adhered to.Performs related duties as required.
- Education and Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age, have current Red Cross CPR certification and current Red Cross Standard First Aid certification.Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:-- Knowledge of water aerobics teaching strategies and the incorporation of music, tempo, cueing technique, and rhythm preferred-- Choreography and music skills.-- Ability to be professional and motivate class participants.-- Ability to cooperate and work well with other staff members.
- Supplemental Information
- Selected candidate will be required to complete and pass a background investigation, physical and drug test prior to employment.