City of Englewood (CO)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Parks Maintenance Seasonal Worker
at City of Englewood (CO)
This position is responsible for helping fulltime staffs maintain a pleasing environment for the
public to enjoy. This person will perform all duties necessary to maintaining the Parks grounds
tennis courts ballfields, shelters and restrooms. Must be able to take initiative, and work well
without direct supervision. Must be able to work with general cleaning supplies and lift
Hours of work generally run from 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., Thursday through Wednesday. Job
may include occasional opportunities for overtime.
- Duties and Responsibilities
The listed examples of work are not intended to be all-inclusive. They establish a flexible,
functional base from which the person operates. They may also be modified with additions;
deletions or changes required obtaining organizational goals and objectives.
1. Must be able to lift 50lbs.
2. Cleaning restrooms and shelters/scrubbing toilets and tables
3. Emptying trash cans
4. Operating power hand tools: weed trimmers, edger, hand held blowers, drills, saws
5. Willing to be trained to operate any small equipment: mowers and /or small tractor
6. Picking up debris throughout a park area
7. On occasion assist Maintenance staff with duties
8. All duties necessary to maintain a clean and safe park area
9. Hand weedingof shrub and flower beds
10. Operating hand tools such as rakes, shovels and brooms
- Education and Experience
Any combination of education and/or experience that has provided the knowledge, skills and
abilities necessary for excellent job performance.
- Other Information
Training is available for qualified applicants. Good customer service skills are a plus. All final
candidates must consent to a criminal background check. Current Colorado driver's license
with clean motor vehicle record is required.