City of Commerce City
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Commerce City
- General Purpose
Under the direction of the City Engineer, the Engineering Intern assists in a variety of technical and administrative tasks essential to the successful completion of projects undertaken by the Public Works Department. This is an entry-level work and temporary position for approximately three months; there are no paid holidays or benefits included.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Inspects streets, sidewalks, bridges, gutters, and other off-site construction; checks line, grade, size, elevation and location of structures for conformance with specifications and regulations
• Assists with the inspection of construction work for quality and materials used in Public Works projects to ensure compliance with approved plans, specifications, codes, sketches/drafting, and photos
• Takes samples of materials of examination or analysis, writes and files reports, logs activity; records amounts of materials used and work performed
• Observes work during progress and upon completion, keeps daily reports of job activities
• All employees must model and demonstrate the City Values at all times during the course of employment; to include: Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, Respect and Excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum Qualifications
Applicants must be currently enrolled and actively pursuing a degree in Civil or Construction Engineering with the freshman year successfully completed. Must possess a valid driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Good interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
• Good technical, graphic, mathematical, computer, general office and organizational skills
• Familiarity in speaking to the public
• Compose clear and grammatically correct correspondence.
• Exhibit effective customer service skills
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing