City of Boulder Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Wildfire Partners Assistant
at City of Boulder Colorado
Launched in 2014, Wildfire Partners is Boulder County's mitigation program to help home owners prepare for wildfire. With more than 1,800 participants, Wildfire Partners is a national model for creating more resilient homes and communities--a unique public-private partnership involving more than 40 organizations. The Wildfire Partners Assistant will produce the customized Wildfire Partners home assessment reports for program participants.
You can learn more by visiting our website: https://www.wildfirepartners.org/.
This is an non-benefited position with Boulder County, with an expected end date of October 31, 2019. The position is based at Boulder County's Land Use Department at 2045 13th Street in downtown Boulder. Some telecommuting using a Boulder County laptop may be possible. Ten hours per week is the minimum commitment. There is some flexibility in determine a set work schedule. The selected candidate will work a minimum of two, non-consecutive days per week with at least one day being Monday-Friday. The employee will be required to meet all deadlines that will be determined based on the selected work schedule. Applicants who are only able to work on weekends will not be considered.
Hiring wage: $18 per hour
- Examples of Duties
- Following up with mitigation specialists for clarification on reports
- Following up with home owners after home assessments and inspections
- Producing reports, spreadsheets and other products
- Assisting with education, outreach and marketing efforts as necessary
- Other duties, as assigned
- Required Qualifications
- PLEASE NOTE: When submitting your application be sure to include all relevant education and experience, as applications are screened based on the qualifications listed in this position announcement. Applications that do not appear to meet minimum qualifications, as outlined below, will not be considered. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of completed applications.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong report production, copy editing, and/or writing skills
- Experience with Excel and working with a database
- The ability to work independently with great attention to detail
- Strong customer service experience
- Applicants must attach a cover letter detailing their qualifications
- Supplemental Information
- Knowledge of wildfire mitigation and living in the wildland-urban interface is desirable
Boulder County is a family-friendly workplace dedicated to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and respectful environment for all employees. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.