City of Boulder Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Building Services Security Officer Supervisor
at City of Boulder Colorado
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2817082
Categories: Police/Fire/Emergency Personnel, Security/Protection Services, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
Overall Job Objective
- The Building Services Security Officer Supervisor is a supervisory position primarily responsible for managing the security functions assigned to the Boulder County Administrative Services' Security Staff, including worksite security, scheduling, electronic door access, emergency procedures, and related issues.
Work hours are Monday - Friday from 7:00am - 3:30pm. This position under FLSA guidelines is non-exempt.
Hiring Salary Range: $42,588.00 Annually
Classification Salary Range: $42,588.00 - $58,188.00 Annually
- Examples of Duties
- Hires, trains, and supervises security officers, ensuring effective performance and adequate coverage of security functions
- Evaluates the effectiveness of security operations and recommends improvements
- Identifies trends in security incident reports and makes recommendations to address issues of concern
- Develops and presents security policies and emergency procedures; oversees the creation and distribution of educational materials for employees regarding these issues
- Works closely with and advises County staff regarding appropriate physical modifications or security systems for existing and new facilities
- Administers door access systems for all County facilities, with the exception of prisoner control areas, such as the County Jail
- Ensures employee and public compliance with County policy, through appropriate education and enforcement techniques
- Serves as a liaison between County departments/offices and local law enforcement
- Performs all duties assigned to security officers
- Supervises and is responsible for performance appraisals and disciplinary actions of lower level employees
- Performs related work, as required
- May be reassigned in emergency situations
- Required Qualifications
PLEASE NOTE: When submitting your application be sure to include all relevant education and experience, as applications are screened based on the qualifications listed in this position announcement. Applications that do not appear to meet minimum qualifications, as outlined below, will not be considered. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of completed applications.
- A high school diploma, or equivalent
- At least three years of experience providing security or related services, including one year in a lead capacity
Additional related education may count toward required experience
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND AND FINGERPRINTING:
- Applicants must pass a background check as well as fingerprinting
- Applicants must have a valid driver's license
- Supplemental Information
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of industry standards related to physical security
- Knowledge and understanding of the technical and operating methods, tools, equipment and materials used in the design and maintenance of security system
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with other employees, agencies and the public
- Ability to operate a computer and applicable software
Boulder County is a family-friendly workplace dedicated to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and respectful environment for all employees. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.