City of Aurora
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Summer Camp Program Aide - Youth Development
at City of Aurora
- Summary of Job Duties
Do you love summer camp!? Do you have a passion for working in the outdoors with youth? Join the Recreation Division's Youth Development team in this rewarding summer position!
- The City of Aurora is seeking Camp Leaders for our full day summer camp programs.
- Camp Program Aides will work with a camp leader and assist in supervising a group of campers
- Camp Program Aides will be responsible for assisting in outdoor educational survival lessons.
- Camp Program Aides will be responsible for assisting in games, crafts and other activities during the week.
- Camp Program Aides will serve as role models and use positive youth development strategies in the workplace.
At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our work by modeling the Core 4 Values of: Customer Service, Professionalism, Integrity, and Respect - we welcome all who share those values to apply.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Summer camp program aide must be able to lead and actively participate in games/programs with children, be able to effectively monitor behavior while using appropriate discipline techniques, and develop age appropriate activities.
- Attend staff meetings, mandatory trainings, and other City events required by program.
- Prepare and maintain necessary supplies and stay within budget guidelines.
- Be willing to dress up, become a hero, sing songs and participate whenever necessary.
- Program Aides will provide a fun, safe and supportive environment for campers to challenge themselves.
- Be available for the entire length of the program and demonstrate a positive work ethic.
- Program Aides will work directly with youth in games, crafts, activities and other inventive activities.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
*Leaders must be 16 years or older.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Previous experience in youth programs as an assistant, supportive role or as a program volunteer.
Knowledge: Basic knowledge of youth development, outdoor education, nutrition, and recreation programming for elementary and or middle school students.
Skills: Experience working with adventure programming or outdoor education. Fluency in Spanish language preferred but not required.
Licenses, Certificates or Equipment Required: Reliable transportation to work sites, trainings, and events as needed. Certification in First Aid and CPR is required or willing to obtain by the date of employment. This position will allow the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
Valid Driver's License.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical Demands: Primarily physical and active work requiring the ability to lift a maximum of 30 pounds; lifting, carrying, walking and standing; vision for reading, recording and interpreting information; frequent speech communication with fellow employees and City of Aurora citizens.
Work Environment: Works primarily in recreation facilities, and outdoor parks and adventure destinations.
Equipment Used: May use standard office equipment including, computers, calculators, copy/fax machines; may answer telephone.
For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.