City of Aurora
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Early Childhood Teacher Substitute
at City of Aurora
Pay: $13 to $15/hour
$13 - $15
Job Status: Part Time,Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 2325621
Overall Job Objective
- Summary of Job Duties
- The City of Aurora is looking for Early Childhood Teachers to work for the Recreation Division of our Parks, Recreation, and Open Space Department.
- This position is Temporary, with no Benefits
- The anticipated hiring Wage is $13.00 - $15.00/Hr depending on qualifications
At the City of Aurora we demonstrate our work by modeling the Core 4 Values of: Customer Service, Professionalism, Integrity and Respect and we welcome all who share those values to apply.
This is a continuous position and will be closed when all positions are filled. Applications will be sent to the hiring supervisor once a week for review.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Helps with teaching planned daily lesson
- Plan and prepare class outlines and supply lists
- Lead class activities
- Maintain confidential records of students' personal information and progress reports
- Record daily attendance
- Monitor monthly enrollments
- Provide safe classroom environment
- Maintain class discipline according to policies and safety codes
- Communicate with parents
- Recruit parent helpers
- Set up/ tear down classroom as needed; minor cleaning
- Inspect equipment for safety
- May include cash handling
- Attend meetings and workshops
- Perform other duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education & Experience:
1. A Early Childhood Teacher, assigned responsibility for a single group of children and working under the supervision of a director, must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and must meet at least one of the following qualifications:
A. A Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a major area of study in one of the following areas:1) Early childhood education
2) Elementary education
3) Special education
4) Family and child development or
5) Child psychology.
B. A Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a major area of study in any area other than those listed at Section 7.702.54, A, 1, A and additional two (2) three-semester hour early childhood education college courses with one course being either introduction to early childhood education or guidance strategies
C. Current early childhood professional Credential Level III Version 2.0 as determined by the Colorado Department of Education; www.cde.state.co.us/early/eccredential20
D. A 2-year college degree, sixty (60) semester hours, in early childhood education from a regionally accredited college or university, which must include at least two (2) three-semester hour courses, one of which must be either introduction to early childhood education or guidance strategies; and at least six (6) months (910 hours) of satisfactory experience
E. Completion of twelve (12) semester hours from a regionally accredited college or university, at either a two year, four year or graduate level, in each of the following subject or content areas in early childhood education and one of the three (3) semester hour courses must be either introduction to early childhood education or guidance strategies, plus nine (9) months (1,395 hours) of verified experience in the care and supervision of four (4) or more children less than six (6) years of age who are not related to the individual
F. Completion of a vocational or occupational education sequence in child growth and development plus twelve (12) months (1,820 hours) of verified experience in the care and supervision of four (4) or more children less than six (6) years of age who are not related to the individual
G. Current certification as a Child Development Associate (CDA) or other Department-approved credential
H. Completion of a course of training approved by the Department that includes training and work experience with children in a child growth and development program plus twelve (12) months (1,820 hours) of verified experience in the care and supervision of four (4) or more children less than six (6) years of age who are not related to the individual; or,I. Twenty-four (24) months (3,640 hours) of verified experience in the care and supervision of four (4) or more children less than six (6) years of age who are not related to the individual. Satisfactory experience includes being a licensee of a Colorado family child care home; a teacher's aide or teacher in a child care center, preschool, or elementary school, plus either:a) A current Colorado Level I credential; or,
b) Two (2) three-semester hour early childhood education college courses from a regionally accredited college or university, at either a two year, four year or graduate level, in each of the following subject or content areas with one course being either introduction to early childhood education or guidance strategies.
2. All college course grades toward early childhood teacher qualifications must be "C" or better.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical Demands
- Moderate physical work; may require ability to lift up to 50 pounds with or without assistance; some lifting and carrying objects
- May require regular standing and walking
- May require bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and climbing.
- May require vision to read reports and other written materials, frequent speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with participants, parents and co-workers.
_____________________________________________________________________________For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
- Works in clean comfortable environment; requires some outdoor work with exposure to dust and noise.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!