Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
Job TitleProposal Manager
The Proposal Manager III must understand the proposal process as it relates to federal, state, and local government as well as heavy industrial and commercial construction and/or oil, gas, power and chemical industry clients. At least fifteen years total and five years of large (>$75M) proposal experience is mandatory.
We are seeking an individual who is extremely hands-on in the development of solution frameworks as well as proposal text and graphics concepts. Critical attributes include exceptional communication, teamwork, flexibility, ability to motivate, and a "do-whatever-it-takes" attitude. The Proposal Manager III manages staff, clients, and situations involving high stress and deadline pressure. Requires multitasking skills and being able to juggle priorities, while keeping staff motivated and focused on the task at hand.
The ideal candidate will work as part of a larger business development team to craft winning solutions to client Request for Proposals (RFPs). This includes close interaction with capture managers, program and project managers, strategic business unit leaders, and technical professionals.
The Proposal Manager III must be able to lead the proposal team and to translate the winning business solution into a winning proposal. This includes developing and managing proposal plans, proposal preparation (leading and coaching a team of writers, graphic artists, schedulers, estimators, procurement, contracts, and other key proposal development functions), and proposal delivery.
You must be a self-starter and natural leader as you will have end-to-end responsibility for leading your team, up through delivery to the client, of a winning proposal.
Although not extensive, some travel as well as evening and weekend work may be required.
This individual will be responsible for ensuring that the solution is contained in the proposal documents and oral presentations in a creative, compelling, and compliant manner. The Proposal Manager III will:
- Take end-to-end ownership and command of proposal development and related support processes, proposal planning, questions, written proposals, oral presentations, etc.
- In concert with the capture manager, plan, coordinate the schedule for, select the membership of, and lead effective, results-driven storyboarding/story-lining, kickoff, and review meetings (i.e., Pink Team, Red Team, Gold Team, etc.).
- Ability to conceptualize and develop strategic win themes and discriminators.
- Proactively develop, maintain, and continuously apply the proposal management process for each proposal, to include schedule, outlines, storyboards, themes, action items, etc.
- Write and synthesize proposal/marketing narrative in near-real time as required.
- Leverage existing archived proposal information.
- Develop targeted questions and interview technical and program staff to extract critical information necessary to develop compelling solutions.
- Remain current on all solicitation amendments and modifications.
- Advance proposal knowledge management processes.
- Perform quality check of all proposal sections and volumes to include creation and verification/validation of a detailed compliance matrix.
- Lead and proactively participate in the development of oral presentation slide concepts and scripting. Provides coaching for oral presentations.
- Be ultimately responsible for accuracy and quality.
- Mentors new and junior proposal managers/writers
- A Bachelor's degree in business, communications, marketing or an engineering-related discipline.
- Fifteen or more years of overall progressive experience, culminating specifically to a proposal manager and solutions developer, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, high-volume proposal environment.
- Track record of winning $75M+ contracts at a minimum.
- Must have the management skills necessary to direct and orchestrate large, multi-contractor proposal team efforts.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated organizational capability and ability to balance multiple competing priorities under deadlines.
- Proven ability to conceptualize and write compelling, marketing-oriented proposal narrative and oral presentation slides from scratch as required.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite and MS Office Suite business applications required.
- Excellent command of English grammar and punctuation is required.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- A Master's degree in business, communication, marketing, or an engineering-related discipline is preferred.
- APMP certifications and/or continued education in proposal related subjects is preferred.
APTIM (formerly CB&I Capital Services Group) with approximately 10,000 employees deployed across hundreds of offices and customer sites globally is a leading global provider of program management, energy efficiency programs, integrated maintenance services, environmental engineering and remediation, infrastructure EPC services, and disaster response and recovery for private sector and government customers.