Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job TitleEHS Director
This position is responsible for the overall strategic, operational, and financial operations/functions of the Government Strategic Business Unit for the Environmental Health and Safety division. Develop strategic business objectives to achieve maximum service potential, and to support the business initiatives and goals. Provide leadership to staff and client to develop long-term strategic plans that support the organization's mission and goals. Direct the establishment EHS financial budgets and maintain adherence to budget guidelines and objectives.
- Provide leadership, support, and actively participate in client committees and task forces.
- Write business plans and proposals that anticipate and/or meet client need.
- Will manage the HSE department staff and ensure compliance with all Federal (e.g., OSHA, MSHA, etc.), state, local, and other applicable construction safety codes and regulations. This position will play a critical role in developing strategies and driving change to implement HSE programs.
- Develop, regularly update, and manage the overall corporate HSE policies and procedures as well as all related guidelines, including hazard identification, use of personal protective equipment, accident prevention, accident/incident investigation, etc.
- Leads HSE compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Health, Safety and Environmental management.
- Oversees the HSE compliance of applicable laws and regulations.
- Enforce HSE regulations that affect employee, subcontractor, vendor, and site visitor's safety.
- Provides technical assistance to business line operations to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, customer and/or company environmental, safety, and health regulations
- Keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization
- Conducts compliance evaluations of equipment, structures, and work in progress to ensure that regulatory environmental, safety, and health standards of the company and all applicable codes are followed
- Recommends facilities and technological specifications to carry out programs that fulfil the organization's overall objectives
- Prepares and reviews technical reports, correspondence, and procedures manuals
- Deliver employee training and communications programs that share lessons learned to increase awareness and reduce risks at each facility.
- Conduct regular reviews and promote a positive HSE culture.
- Develop standardized metrics and track performance toward aggressive improvement objectives.
- Oversee statutory visits and investigations
- Build relationships at all levels across the organization, partnering with Business Line while also providing competent counsel to the division leadership team to support the company's commitment to Health, Safety and Environmental excellence.
- Establishes quality and reliability standards by studying product and consumer requirements with other members of management and with production operators, technicians, and engineers.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provide direction on individual staff development. Manage, appraise and evaluate individual account team member performance.
- Allocate staff and resources to meet objectives and investigate and implement ways to improve the efficiency of a service or operation.
- Bachelor degree with advanced degree or professional certification preferred.
- Must have 7-10 years of relevant corporate HSE compliance experience in construction, engineering or related industry in a leadership position
- Must have 7+years of safety management experience in the construction or related industry
- Requires knowledge and enforcing compliance of Regulatory requirements (i.e. OSHA, CalOSHA, EPA, etc.), including company HSE policies and procedures
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification strongly preferred
- Requires knowledge of company, industry, and governmental regulations affecting product quality.
- Must have 15+ years relevant experience.
What We Do:
Whether it's safeguarding and maintaining critical power infrastructure, helping communities recover from natural disasters, enabling our armed forces and first responders, or transforming landfills into public parks, we go to work each day knowing that we are making an impact on the world. These are huge responsibilities, and we take them seriously.
Thinking differently and challenging the norm is our mandate. Every day we plan for the unexpected, develop critical insights, and deliver new, creative adaptive solutions. We do this by leveraging teams that include engineers, scientists, builders, economists, craft professionals, procurement, logistics and process experts.
Watch our " How We Make a Difference " Video.
Who We Are:
APTIM specializes in engineering, program management, environmental services, disaster recovery, complex facility maintenance, and construction services. Serving Government, Oil, Gas, Chemical, Industrial, Commercial, and Power clients, we are your partner and relentless advocate.