Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Air Quality Specialist
Job TitleAir Quality Specialist
AIR QUALITY SPECIALIST
APTIM is a full-service multidiscipline environmental and engineering consulting firm seeking an Air Quality Specialist to work on Oil/Gas/Chemical, Power, Industrial and Government Sector projects. The qualified candidate will be involved in a variety of activities including fieldwork, air modeling, air monitoring and data collection and analysis, along with other permitting and compliance efforts, not limited to Title V permitting and reporting of greenhouse gas emissions, air emission inventories and toxic release inventories. Location can be based in Denver CO; Pittsburgh PA; Kansas City; Irvine CA, or Dallas TX.
- BS in civil/environmental/chemical engineering, environmental science or similar degree from accredited program.
- Minimum 5 years applicable experience, completion of master's degree in related field may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Consulting experience in air permitting and compliance and/or multimedia environmental compliance audits.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local air regulations regarding Clean Air Act, National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAPs), New Source Performance Standards (NSPS), and Title V Permitting/Renewals.
- Experience using air dispersion models.
- Familiarity with air monitoring programs and instrumentation would be a plus
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training with current 8-hour refresher
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbal and written technical information.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to follow complex requests.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other applications as needed for effective job performance.
- Willing to accept assignments with potential travel requirements.
What We Do:
Whether it's safeguarding and maintaining critical power infrastructure, helping communities recover from natural disasters, enabling our armed forces and first responders, or transforming landfills into public parks, we go to work each day knowing that we are making an impact on the world. These are huge responsibilities, and we take them seriously.
Thinking differently and challenging the norm is our mandate. Every day we plan for the unexpected, develop critical insights, and deliver new, creative adaptive solutions. We do this by leveraging teams that include engineers, scientists, builders, economists, craft professionals, procurement, logistics and process experts.
Watch our "How We Make a Difference" Video
Who We Are:
APTIM specializes in engineering, program management, environmental services, disaster recovery, complex facility maintenance, and construction services. Serving Government, Oil, Gas, Chemical, Industrial, Commercial, and Power clients, we are your partner and relentless advocate.