Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Crisis Assessment Specialist
at Centura Health
- PAH PSYCH ASSESS TEAM
- PAH-SOUTH DENVER MEDICAL BLDG
- Work Type
- FLSA Status
Welcome to Centura Health
Welcome to Centura Health – the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options and possibility where you can chart the direction and flow of your career. Welcome to the freedom to believe in what you believe, and welcome to a family guided by shared values and a commitment to extending the healing ministry of Christ. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams and overflowing community. And welcome to wholeness of mind, body and spirit. Welcome to Centura Health.
Flourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills – but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more. This is the heartbeat of our organization and your time will be spent in a supportive, team environment with resources to help you flourish and leaders who care about your success.
Responsible for assessment of clients in consultation and cooperation with emergency department personnel, psychiatrists, clinicians, attending physicians and managed care representatives. Provides recommendation for disposition. The Crisis Assessment Specialist may perform the following as required: face-to-face evaluations, telephone triage evaluations, respond to and/or triage patient/family complaints, assist in management of all assessment records, perform statistical analysis, and perform billing-related activities connected with assessments.
What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- Master's degree in Counseling, Social Work, Nursing or related behavioral health field
- Three years direct behavioral clinical experience in an inpatient, outpatient, emergency or residential treatment facility or setting
- Competence with DSM diagnostic criteria and treatment planning
- Demonstrates clinical and ethical professionalism, conflict resolution and critical thinking skills
- Adequate and available transportation for response to various evaluation sites
- Crisis Assessment Specialist
- Current Colorado State License in one of the following disciplines: Clinical Psychologist (PSY), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist (RN CNS) or Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (RN NP)
- For St. Anthony North Hospital, St. Anthony Hospital, Penrose St. Francis, Porter Adventist Hospital, St. Mary Corwin and St. Thomas Moore only: Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS) from the American Heart Association
- Must be available weekends
Physical Requirements - Medium Work - exert/lift up to 50 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly.
Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health's connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
Located in central Denver’s historic Washington Park residential neighborhood, associates at Porter Adventist Hospital enjoy beautiful surroundings, leading technology, outstanding leadership and easy access to everything great central Denver has to offer. As a full-service Magnet® designated, 368-bed acute-care referral center specializing in cancer care, joint replacement, spinal care and advanced robotic surgery, Porter Adventist Hospital treats some of the region’s most complex medical cases and surgical patients. Our Heart and Vascular Institute is the first and only program in Colorado to receive full Heart Failure Accreditation status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. We have also received numerous awards and honors including: 100 Greatest Hospitals in America by Becker's Hospital Review for 3 years in a row (2015-2017); named as one of the top two hospitals in Colorado by U.S. News and World Report; recipient of the Healthgrades Distinguished Hospital Award-Clinical Excellence for 3 years in a row (2015-2017); one of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement for 2 years in a row (2016-2017), and many others.