Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Documentation Specialist Littleton Adventist Hospital
at Centura Health
- SC RM CLINICAL DOC INTEG
- LAH-NON-EXEMPT WEB USERS
- Work Type
- FLSA Status
Welcome to Centura Health
Welcome to the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options, possibilities and values that guide exceptional care. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams, overflowing community and the wholeness of mind, body and spirit that is Centura Health.
Flourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills – but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more.
Under indirect supervision, facilitates and obtains appropriate physician documentation for any clinical conditions or procedures to support the appropriate severity of illness, expected risk of mortality, and complexity of care of the patient. Educates members of the patient care team regarding documentation guidelines and regulatory requirements, including attending physicians, allied health practitioners, nursing, and case management. Supports timely, accurate, and complete documentation of clinical information used for measuring and reporting hospital and physician-based outcomes. Works independently majority of the time with a high degree of autonomy.
What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- 3 years nursing experience in the inpatient hospital setting (critical care and/or strong med/surg experience preferred), health information management, utlization management or clinical coding.
- Experience in case management, clinical informatics, quality or utilization review strongly desired.
- Qualified candidate will be self-motivated with excellent interpersonal, critical thinking, analytical, organizational, and writing skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office software.
- Nursing Diploma or Associates Degree Required, Preferred
- BSN preferred
- Current Colorado RN license or AHIMA certification (RHIT, RHIA, or CCS) required.
Physical Requirements- Sedentary work -(prolonged periods of sitting and exert up to 10lbs force occasionally)
Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health’s connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.