Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Social Case Worker II - Marisol Homes
at Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Denver
Catholic Charities is looking for a Social Case Worker II to join our team at Marisol Homes in Denver, CO.
Provides professional case management services to homeless women and children, to improve client stability, self-sufficiency and personal growth and development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs comprehensive psychosocial assessment of clients within established guidelines through interviewing, record review, and other appropriate methods.
- Develops, implements and modifies service plans with individuals, families and ancillary service providers.
- Provides crisis intervention and supportive services to assist clients in reaching treatment goals.
- Monitors and assesses client progress towards identified goals.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date case records; documents client contacts and progress to ensure program compliance and adherence to standards.
- Implements program objectives and performance standards as directed by supervisor/ management
- Develops and maintains collaborative working relationships with other community-based organizations and parishes for reasons of advocacy, education, resource development and public relations.
- Plans curriculum and facilitates support/educational groups for clients.
- Maintains accurate and timely program statistical data to meet reporting requirements. Enters data and generates reports.
- Demonstrates skills and sensitivity to the cultural/linguistic differences of staff, clients and community.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participate in Division or agency events/initiatives.
- Provides emergency response coverage for programs with on-call rotation.
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply theories and practices of counseling and social work, interviewing and assessment techniques, and professional reporting and documentation skills to moderately complex and/or specialized casework services.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with clients, other employees, organizations and the public are required.
- Flexible and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of computers to input information, maintain client and program data, and create communications.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
- Spanish speaking is preferred
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree in Social Work or assigned specialty area from accredited university and at least 1 year related experience or training; or Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Social Work or assigned specialty area from accredited college or university and at least 5 years related experience and/or training.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week.
Hours are Monday - Friday. Some evenings/weekends may be required occasionally.
Knowledge of Trauma Informed Practice required.
Valid driver’s license, clear driving record, and proof of insurance required.
Masters in Social Work is highly preferred.
Experience working with women, children, and families in crisis and/or domestic violence victims is highly preferred.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Drug Free Workplace
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.